• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coming up this weekend.

Bird100

My son and I will be coming up this weekend for our 1st trip of the year to the big pond. Last year he had a blast, we rented the day house from Kelly and Jon, and did well. Limit of walleye's and 16 crappies between 3 of us. Anyhow looking forward to a relaxing weekend, catching fish will be a bonus. How far out is the road plowed from Hillman's? Sounds like the rough ice is about 3 miles out from what I have read on the forum, maybe a good place to start? Anything I need to know about the pressure ridges?

Anyhow good luck to all who are fishing this weekend, and I will post a report next week.

The pressure ridges are somewhat dormant for the time being,could change tommorow. At 5 miles their is a little ridge working on the road and following the spur road to the NW but nothing serious as of yet.

Thanks Jon. If you see a '08 black superduty, feel free to stop by and say "Hi". We will be fishing in a clam 6800. Looking forward to getting out the rat race for some R & R up there. I will get the fishing update when we stop by Hillmans and get our bait and some pointers where to start.

Thanks for the info on the pressure ridge.

Good Luck and stay warm.

Was up Sat thru mon this week with a group of 8 ,the action was hot out on 8 mile on hillmans road.I ended up catching 30+ eyes myself with about 1/2 of them keeper size.we were set up in 12 f.o.w. with bait 3-6" up.main bite was between 7-9 pm and 3-7 am

other guys in our group wnet to 3 1/2 mile as hillmans told them to do and ended up catching 4 in a 4 person group,they moved to 8 mile on sun afternoon,set up about 100 yards from me and had fish within 1 hour.

Thanks RT. Looking forward to the fishing, and this gives us a starting point. Leaving Friday a.m. to make it up for evening bite.

I will post our report next week.

Good luck to everyone.

Hey Bird100,

I too will be headin to the big pond, but not till saturday. I am taking the wife and it will be her first night stayin on the ice. Not banking on crappies, but hopin to get her on some eyes. Good luck and maybe see ya out there. I will have a red one ton ford with an crank down house.

Bird & Shoogs, I'll be up Fri-Sun this weekend, staying in 1 of Kelly's 6-man sleepers so we'll be off of Hillmans road somewhere. Stop in and we can trade reports