Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scoot

Rumors of dead muskies

9 posts in this topic

Last night I heard a report of six dead muskies speared out of Deadshot Bay on Big Detroit Lake. I got this information second hand and can not confirm it. However, it came from a source who I believe had accurate information.

Not trying to start a "spearing is bad" post here. Just trying to pass along the information and ask that people keep an eye out for illegal activity. If you see something "fishy", report it.

I hope it is not true but I will keep my eyes and ears open.

scoot, check your email

While I am not a muskie fan, it is really stupid to do something like that. It is like those dummies that spear walleyes and call them white-finned northerns ... They think they are sooooo funny.

Zombies.

to me spearing just removes all the brood stock of the species and is not a good deal-----my .02

I dont spear, and i really dont care if people do it as long as they mark where they have been. But deffinatly on the conservation side of things, that really stinks, there is no reason that people have to throw fish like that back if they are too small.

Man, if this is true, it really stinks! I am not against spearing either....as a matter of fact I tried it for the first time last winter and thought it was a blast.

Scoot, please post if you find out if this is true or not.

Take care

Cliffy

I'll see what I can find out, I drive by there every day; I'll stop and chat with some spear house fishermen.

Thanks for checking it out, Peter. Also, thanks for the e-mails Dead. I appreciate the concern.

Cliffy- I very much doubt I'll get any more info on the topic. If I do, I'll post. However, I don't expect to hear any more.