Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mallatrout

Cought Some Nice Ones This Weekend On Ottertail

9 posts in this topic

We were out all weekend on ottertail about 24' of water, brought 7 walleyes home from the 15-18.5 range. Plus we threw back a 5.67 lb Walleye. Cought some nice perch, we had a good time though. Got a visit from the DNR both friday and saturday, they are pretty thick out there. We were watching him go up to fish houses and sneaking up to them and looking in the windows. But it was a great weeknd for ice fishing.

Thanks for the report mallatrout, how big where the perch? I have a friend with a cabin on the lake, we fish it in the summer alot but i have never ice fished there before.

Thanks for the report, Trout. I am going up this Friday. Without giving up any hot spots, could you give a little more information. Like, were you on a flat in 24' or working one of the breaks. Fatheads or shiners? Which landing? Please forgive me for asking so many questions, but with only two days to fish, I need all the help I can get. Thanks.

Mav

We went out of the landing right out of ottertail on the east side. About a mile and a half out on the right hand side on a drop off 24' of water. Using fatheads,crappie minnows, and rainbows. Hooks we were using plain glow hooks pink,and green and some crappie jigs glow with red eyes.Fathead seemed to work the best, but trow some big rainbows on when you set the rattle reels for at night there more livley. The bite started a little before 7am and about 3:30 in the afternoon.

Good Luck Mav,Let me know how you do. Were going to either go back up there this weekend or try a lake closer to St.Cloud.

The perch were 9-11' cough a couple nice ones that we kept

Thanks, Trout. Will do.

Mallatrout, what time did you get the nicer walleyes? Sounds like you fished all night. Was there some night time action?

The bigger ones we cought mainley mid to late afternoon, along with a couple in the early morning. Good luck to you!