Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BuschPilot

ballards' report-

3 posts in this topic

I stopped in at Ballards resort last night to check out the fishing report and a guy was walking across the parking lot from one of there bombers with a large fish. I thought, thats not a bad northern, must be gettting it mounted. I walked in the lodge and they were taking more pictures. the fish was a 42" Lake Trout caught up at garden island. This was amazing!! i would have never believed it if i hadn't seen it. I am sure it will be on there website today or this week. Congrats to that guy!! That there is a once in a lifetime Feat there. I'm still in Awe...

Im going to Ballards on Monday night for a few days. Any other reports?? Thanks for any info!

WOW that is one BIG Lake Trout. There is more than 1 'Garden Island' on the LOTW proper. This one was caught near the US side Garden Island I take it? A very rare catch indeed in US waters, the thing musta been lost! Not unheard of though as one was caught off the South Point of Buffalo a few years back but nowhere near that big, that one was a 9 pounder.

fiskyknut