Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EPwalleyehunter

Wayzata bay walleyes

10 posts in this topic

Was out tonight and caught 3 small eyes 8-11 inches. Is anyone catching any thing with some size. I'm new to tonka and haven't had any trouble finding eyes its just finding the eaters.Were are they? deeper!

hey there havent went for eye's yet this year. thinking of going to the bay on wendsday, was wondering what you are using out there?

I have been using fatheads with a genz worm/buckshot rattle spoon tiped with a minnow head or just a small hook with a split-shot 12 inches up. I have been finding that you have to mix it up to get some of the finicky eyes to bite.

Good luck and good fishing!

going deeper all depends on how deep you are now.

I was about 18 ft. 24-30 ft or even deeper?

65 feet is a good depth for truck winning walleyes!!! Just ask the guy driving his new Ford he won last weekend.

Are you serious? you cant be? 65ft walleyes???? really??

65ft was the depth the guy at the Brainerd Jaycees was fishing when he caught the 5 lb walleye that won a truck.

I am thinking of trying 45 - 55 on mintonka this weekend. I catch 3 or 4 a night during the week, but once the traffic reaches the "crazy" stage things really shut down. My theory is when the noise level goes up "as it was during the extravaganza" that the fish head deep.

Can anyone confirm or deny this theory?

randallt,

I've been thinking about doing the same thing this weekend. I don't usually go beyond about 30ft on Tonka, but I know there's opportunities beyond it. Assuming I'll be with a buddy, I'd like to find a steep drop, set a line on the weedline, one in mid 20's, mid 30's, and one in the 45-50ft range.

good luck

I am going to be out all weekend and try the same. Shoot me an e-mail if you would like to compare notes. randalltmiller@msn.com