Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goingdeep

Kroon Lake

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone been out there this year?? Wondering how the bite is out there??? if any bite??

goingdeep....smaller lakes like these don't get talked much about on this forum...and personally I'm glad they don't. This board gets a lot of traffic...so many people would be interested if they heard there was a good bite out there. My suggestion is to just go check it out yourself....try it for a couple hours and if not much going on, pull up stakes and hit South Center or Chisago...which are very close by. A lot of lakes are in a close vicinity so it's nice to jump from lake to lake and now that you can drive on most lakes that makes it easier too. Good luck...and welcome to the forum! FL

Like FL said , we tryand keep the smaller lakes on the down low... We(fishingminnesota.com) doesnt want to be responsible for the over harvest of a lake.

Like the above poster said. Check smaller lakes for yourself ... I will say this.. Kroon has fish in it, but everytime I have ever been there, they have been quite stunted.

I would have to agree with Deitz on the size structure in the lake. I fished it earlier this year with not much going, and those that were, tended to be small. We ended up jumping over to Chisago the day we went out there after about two hours and just four fish out of the holes.