Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
north red river

5 mile reports

8 posts in this topic

Thinking about trying 5 mile this weekend weather permitting. Any reports from that area?

I was out there on Saturday, did well. Caught a lot of really small saugers, and ended up keeping our limit of walleyes and 4 suager in three hours. I'm guessing we threw back at least 2 or 3 dozen really small ones

I've been fishing regular out there for a good 3 weeks now and on a very reliable mixed bag bite morning thru mid-day, and also a good Walleye bite late afternoons. I was out there yesterday for a bit and indeed those weeee Saugers are thick on there now. Most years it seems when they show up it signifies to me the bite out there is on the way down hill for the dregs of winter and I'm soon heading for the deep mud till March.

fiskyknut

yo norm,

i'll be waiting for ya at rocky point, give me a holler when ya are ready to go deep.

been awhile simce i seen ya at rocky, and the river,

time to pound the deep mud.

Won't be long now. I'm gonna give it another jiggle or 2 out on the Muskeg somewhere yet maybe. Though I know it's probably time to go. I have'nt fished deeper than 23fow all year but once at 26. I will soon again migrate! Slow down a bit too in February.. The dregs of winter.

Keep in touch.

hey fiskyknut shoot me a email at Daniel557@centurytel.net

I have a few questions for you!!!

thanks

So I decided to go to buffalo point/Whiskey flats area.....I'm glad I did! fished from 9am-1pm and caught my 8 fish limit of both walleye and sauger and 9 very nice perch. Threw back maybe 20 or so. Best day on the lake i've ever had!

I fished that area the last two weekends. Not much for keeper walleyes, but nice big perch. I did howver manage a personal best for walleye a 26". She is back in the lake to get bigger yet! Two of use ended up with 6 eyes and 8 perch all around 9-10". Week before 2 of us had 4 eyes and 13 perch.