• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Weekend

Bryce

Big series coming up and no banter yet? Pretty confident that my Sioux flag will continue to fly. Sure would be sweeter victories with Okposo playing. Hats off to the little old men in pin covered vests. That's class. ;\)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• backstrap

• Team Otter

• DEADhead

• PierBridge

So I'm assuming from your comments that when the Sue lose you take the flag down? I will also take my hat off to those classy men wearing the bewitching pin covered vests...I like those guys! Has anyone heard whether the great people at Mariucci are going to respectfully play "Oh Canada" for the visiting Sue this weekend?

The Sioux certainly are carrying some momentum into this weekend with 7 wins in a row! They are now ranked #3 in the nation! I would like to think that UND will get another sweep this weekend, but for some reason I think the Rodents might get lucky and pull one out at home. Go Sioux!

Well, I hate to call the Gophers beating the Sioux an upset, so I had to say something. Ha!

Split: Fri 4-2 Gophs, Sat 3-1 Sioux. I'd be surprised with a sweep by either team. I wonder if Frazee starts Friday and Kangas Sat?

Flag flies until the Sioux lose. Since I will be watching the games in my shack on Red... well, read between the lines. ;\) Amazed at how civil this stayed. Good job guys. Enjoy the games.

If the Gophers don't sweep they are really going to struggle the rest of the way.

If they don't at least split, I will struggle for a year. My wife is from ND, and her sister and brother-in-law (from Grand Forks and Sioux season ticket holders) are coming down for both games. They just love to give me grief when the Sioux win and the Gophers lose mad.gif - the opposite is also true grin.gif

So go GOPHERS!!! My weekend depends on YOU!

FWT

Originally Posted By: Bryce
Flag flies until the Sioux lose. Since I will be watching the games in my shack on Red... well, read between the lines. ;\) Amazed at how civil this stayed. Good job guys. Enjoy the games.

that's because the maroon and gold suck this year \:o

seriously if the gophers had a more competitive squad this year, I bet you would hear more trash talk. Watching the team this year has made me apathetic. I still don't like the sioux-age and hope the gophers don't embarass themselves and can get the sweep. But I'm a realist, and know that's unlikely to happen this weekend. Hopefully the gophers can prove me wrong \:\)

i like the "oh canada" comment. right on. the gophs will be lucky to win one this weekend, but i hope they sweep. Just like Kato swept the huskies last weekend.

that school's name gives the impression that them native americans were killers. that isnt correct and it should be changed

I will be at the game on Friday with my two friends who are, unfortunately, Sioux Fans. If the Gophers lose it will cost me a 6-pack and some pride so I'm hoping for a victory for the maroon and gold! I am thinking...

Friday: U of M Gophers-3

UND Fighting "whatever their name will be next year"-2

Saturday: UM-1 UND 4

Originally Posted By: backstrap
The "Oh Canada" one is lame much like the Gopher squad this season! Go Sioux!

strap, I wish you luck trying to form an arguement against this fact! oh bryce, strap volunteers to do the scrubbing...ISH!!

Originally Posted By: KMR85
that school's name gives the impression that them native americans were killers. that isnt correct and it should be changed

Gopher Killers! Sioux sweep! Wap, as I've said before....jump ship and join the Sioux train!

Frazee is not going to get a start!!!! I'd be happy if he does then Sioux can pile some long shot goals on him

bryce, it was sarcasm, i am not a very PC person. Just trying to rattle some cages and get the rivalry heated like it should be. As far as the tatoo, i didnt know they could tatoo near v*g*n*s.

argghhh. good game. peltier sucks mad.gif. give someone else the C. kangas needs more help to win a game.

what a bunch of cheap shot cowards. Taunting Carman, no call. Nice cheap shot hit from behind on Anderson by Zajac. Nice try of Finley to drag Wheeler into a fight at the handshake. Adam and Greg Shepard are a bunch of sallies and don't have spine to call it even or discipline anyone.

Even hackstol shows no class by swearing on the air and showing the bird. It's already been re-iterated before, the sioux program is classless. This has nothing to do with winning games. mad.gif

I'm not against old time hockey, but call it even for both sides. The calls/non-calls definitely affected the integrity of the game.

It was an exciting game for sure, with lots of intensity, but the officiating has been especially poor this season. McLoed needs to put Shepards coals to the fire and get his officials in line. The comic moment of the game was CJ Beaurline checking Malone into the penalty box.

Another weekend of not winning for the Gophers. Call it what you want I guess Head, however I don't slurp the U of M or the way they play the game. UND was on the other side of plenty of Dumb Don Adams rotten calls. The Rodents certainly weren't innocent in this game. Great intense hockey the way it was intended to be played!! Old time hockey!!

Originally Posted By: DEADhead
what a bunch of cheap shot cowards. Taunting Carman, no call. Nice cheap shot hit from behind on Anderson by Zajac. Nice try of Finley to drag Wheeler into a fight at the handshake. Adam and Greg Shepard are a bunch of sallies and don't have spine to call it even or discipline anyone.

Even hackstol shows no class by swearing on the air and showing the bird. It's already been re-iterated before, the sioux program is classless. This has nothing to do with winning games. mad.gif

I'm not against old time hockey, but call it even for both sides. The calls/non-calls definitely affected the integrity of the game.

It was an exciting game for sure, with lots of intensity, but the officiating has been especially poor this season. McLoed needs to put Shepards coals to the fire and get his officials in line. The comic moment of the game was CJ Beaurline checking Malone into the penalty box.

Before Zajac hit Anderson, Anderson gave Oshie a cross check from behind. Lucia was dropping f'bombs along with some other words. FSN is doing their job spinning everything, right Wapiti?

if the sioux-age are so unGODley supreme to the gophers why didn't their league leading powerplay destroy them? They sure had more than enough chances. For being such a terrible and mediocre team, I think the gophs held their own this weekend. Anybody that's gonna say that Friday night's game winning goal was all skill is out of their mind. If anything, I'm disappointed that the sioux struggled all weekend against the lowly gophers. shows how "great" a team the sioux really are, right.... sick.gif

I don't believe anyone on this site ever called the Sioux "unGODley" as you like to say. I do simply think that there are many bright hockey minds on here that enjoy a rough style of winning hockey that the Fighting Sioux provide. Let's just say that the Sioux played good enough for two games at Mariucci to earn three points!