Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cell Service

18 posts in this topic

Does T-Mobile work up there?? What service does work?? My wife and I would like to be able to stay in touch with the kids when we are there.

When I went out on the lake I didn't think I had service and I have sprint, but I don't think that any of the companies will have service out there but I may be wrong.

I have Verizon and always have had service.

Altel works on the South Shore. Not sure if it was roaming though.

I think if you do a search of this forum you will find the answer to your question.

I have T-mobile and verizon. Unfortunately T-mobile was a no go for me. Verizon worked great.

I have Sprint, and it has worked fine everytime I have been up there!

Guess I was wrong about service up there. Sorry about that I know it didn't work for me when I went.

Sprint, Verizon and Unicel works of course. The tower you can see blinking off the NE corner of the lake is a Unicel tower.

thanks for the valuable replys as I do not have alot of time to do a search. I think the other couple we are going with have verizon or sprint so we should be ok.

I think you are correct with the Verizon and Sprint service but I think the crappies switched to T-Mobile a couple years ago-I have been calling them to see where they are at-Getting no answer!!!! LOL

I had to guys!!!! Don't hate me!!!!

Johnny-I know you are laughing-hey atleast its funnier than a Natalie Joke!!!

Now it all makes sense! Champion206 crazy.gif I only know one guy still running one of those rockets and uses multiple punctuation. ;\)

Yes the T-mobile was funny but the Natalie jokes where the best...like ya know they are so yesterday but like so hot today, like ya know...coool \:D

The "good ol days"

I'll be up soon for some R and R sleep.gif

Try to call you from my Sprint Phone! ;\)

I Got Crappie on the Brain and Red Jigs in my veins!!!!

Verizon and Unicel both work as they share towers... And which Verizon has bought Unicel now or is very close to finishing the deal!

Sprint works but I know that it goes into roam mode, well it least last year when I was up there it did. So if you are with Sprint and you don't have free roam watch out for your bill.

The past 3 years I have had service with sprint on Red, sometimes sketchy but service. This summer at Hillmans full service, then it would get worse the further out in the lake I was. But now this winter I had zero service anywhere. I was out Hillmans road, out Rogers road and everywhere in between including waskish. Not sure if it's my new phone, or the bad weather or what. Bottom line no service from sprint for me.

I was able to use Qwest/Sprint 4 1/2 miles out on Hillmans road. I was also able to use my mobile broadband card when we were up. A buddy that was with also had use of his Verizon service.

We were up on the big pond Jan 24th-26th with 4 of us.2 had Verizon,2 had T-Mobile. No service for the T-Mobile. I've had Verizon for many years and get service almost anywhere.

I went out of the south three weeks ago I have sprint no service for us. I was told at Morts that unicel seems to work good.