• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gull Lake Slot Limit!

That is a ridiculous story and you guys and the resort owner should not be harrassing someone like that. One large trophy fish between 2 guys is legal and fine in my book. If that's what they were planning(taking to the Taxidermist). It would be different if they were cutting it up in front of you, as there are plenty of eater size walleyes in LOW. You guys should've, in a descent way, tried to explain your point of veiw and left it at that.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the fish between 14"-19" but not for the one over 28" I would just take a photo and release it. Most of those bigger fish are females and may be or going to be in the future loaded whith eggs and need to go back to re-produce. A picture and mesurement is all you need to have a composite made...WM cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's very informal and unscientific. But did you send this off to Brastrup?

Thanks for doing it Jason and it would be interesting to hear Brastrup's reaction.

i like the idea of the slot on gull. 4 fish limit up to 19" and one over 28" if you want to keep. i have caught 3 out there 30" to 31.5" and there all swiming yet.

4 fish per day is a great idea with a slot limit of 20 " with 1 over 26 or 28 " ! gull has not produced that many fish to take 6! if you happen to luck out on a hot bite . the bite is there one day and then you wont find them again for a week and even longer . i live just a long cast from gull and fish it as often as time permits , with eyes and crappies being the game choice. walleye are there but not to the extent they were say 5 years ago. lets do something to ensure the reproduction of our favorite fish. djwood

Hi Ron, I sent it to Tim the other day. I haven't heard back from him. But I think the poll went pretty well. It was interesting.

Jason Erlandson