Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
uwleagle

Report 1/28/08

7 posts in this topic

Got out early this morning to try for some walleyes. Fished 16 foot of water and was fishing by 6:30. Ended up catchin two eyes, one was small the other was 18 inches. I also lost an even bigger one right in the whole. All the action was between 7:15 and 8:00. Was using a blue and chrome colored jiggin rap. Moved out to 34 foot of water and finally ended up finding some nice crappies. I think I kept 12 all around 10 inches and had two that were over 11. Pretty good day out there for me.

Hey buddy, that pic you sent over only showed 12 crappie! Now who's the fibber... ;\) Glad you finally got into the croixpie, worth the wait for sure. What did you get the crappie on?

ltr, LB

Nice report! I am a little worried though that between you and Blue there won't be any Crappies for a "normal" guy and his son to catch.

Don't worry I let them go most of the time, I'm sure there will be plenty of them left in the river. I started out using a gold jig and the fish wouldn't take it. Switched to one of those small jigging raps in that same blue color I was using yesterday and was getting them on that. They were coming up at hitting them. Couldn't even feel a bite, had my finger on my line and when I couldn't feel the weight of the lure anymore I'd set the hook and they'd be on. Also caught a decent amount of them on a slip bobber with a very small white and pink gemini. Most fish I marked on my vexilar were closer to the bottom then I have seen in the last week. I didn't really mark any fish more than 2 feet off the bottom.

Hey fishin, leave your son out of it, just cause you can't catch fish, don't come crying to me. I saw that jig you left on my rod last week, I wouldn't eat that either unless you paid me... Just kidding buddy, I can take off Friday, so me and your son will show you how it is done.

I still have a half pallet of club crackers I need to go through, I'll be bringing the propane cooker out Friday, lunch is on me.. grin.gif

Hey uwl, thanks for the info, sounds like you worked for them. LB

Glad to see the crappies are still hitting. I haven't been to the croix over two weeks and I am itching seeing all the reports. Too mcuh house chores and I aint even married. \:\) Ill probably see yall this coming sunday. Good luck

Hey Blue maybe this time you let the little guy sit in the little green shack like he wanted to last time (where all the fish were caught). Friday sounds like fun, you bring the lunch and I'll bring a few beverages. Oh and by the way this time I will put bait on my hooks. I didn't want to out fish you after you put me on some of your spots but this has gone on long enough!