Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ec30_06

vineland/southwest side

3 posts in this topic

I am just wondering more about ice and snow conditions, but any fishing tips won't hurt. I am going out this coming friday thru sunday. We will have a 3/4 ton chevy 4x4 with good tires. Will I be able to get off the roads at all or will this be impossible? I want to get back into the bay and fish pike and perch since the walleye bite is so slow. My other option is use the plowed roads in cove bay, but I have never ice fished cove before. Are there many perch in the weedy shallows of cove bay? I usually catch a lot of perch in vineland up to 13".

the roads in cove bay are by wilderness warmth.they are the best roads i have been on.they have roads all the way out past spirit island.i drilled holes by spirit island on sunday and the ice was 23"inches thick.they drive 1 ton diesel trucks with plows so you should be just fine.i heard the pike bite is strong in cove bay and we did good for perch just past spirit island,give JAY a call from wilderness warmth and he will give you current reports 1-877-ICE-TRIP

Thanks for the info. I will try out of Jay's on friday and go check things out in my usual spots on saturday am if I can get around off of the plowed roads.