Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lawdog

Non outdoor St. Cloud area question...

11 posts in this topic

What is the deal with Alltel phones in St. Cloud? Does Alltel not service St. Cloud or do they have some sort of problem there? I was up there over the weekend and couldn't dial any calls, not even to my voice mail. Said "number or code you dialed is not correct." I missed three calls, two of which were important and I'm really mad about it...

Any info from the area would be appreciated.

it's something with the area I think, because I have service out of mankato and my buddy from Iowa has the same problem here at school. It's worked fine up until recently, and I don't think my family in kato is having any problems. Then again it's been sketchy ever since they took over Midwest Wireless.

*well I just made a call and it went through no problems, first one in a while*

I have a unicel phone out of grand rapids and I used to have full power anywhere near st cloud, now for some reason when I go there I have almost no reception. Seems strange the claim the are putting up more towers and making reception better.

I have Alltel up here. Had much better reception when they were using Verizon towers, I just needed to do an update program on my phone and now it works about everywhere. Talk to your dealer about updates for the Alex, DL, St. Cloud area.

I was told that since they switched you might have to bring your phone in to get it worked on so it will work better, i know for former midwest users needed that.

hey straydog, havent seen you on here in a while. your a long way from home if your around st. cloud. havent been to spring lake in a while, hows life up there. we have verizon and phone reception is hit and mss up there. is yors any better.

Hey guys, I work for old Midwest Wireless Customer Service, now Alltel Tech Support in Mankato and there are no Alltel towers in or around St. Cloud so the area uses Sprint. I dont have the specifics but there was some sort of translation issue on the Sprint towers in the area causing the "invalid phone number or code" error. It should be resolved, but the problem started on Friday- just in time for the weekend. Hope that helps \:\)

My wife had the same problem this weekend. My phone worked just fine. Hopefully it is fixed.

So doughnut03, are you telling me I don't need some upgrade to my phone I was just SOL all weekend in St. Cloud but there is nothing to worry about now?

Thanks for all the replies guys!

You guys at Midwest Wireless were a much better operation than the poor service we get from Alltel!!!! Reception isn't as good and many problems...

There shouldnt be an issue at this point, no. And in the future, to save ya'll a 20 minute phone call for this same info... Any time you travel- 20 miles or 200, you want to make sure to update your Roaming List (*228, option 2). I agree wholeheartedly with the Midwest to Alltel conversion- service as well as working conditons did a nose dive down the icehole. Not to mention theres a reason they say Midwesterners are the most educated in the country

Glen its cold up here,marked a couple fish yesterday but nothing biting in this weather. My unicel is pretty hit and miss up here to.