Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whimpy

Lake elmo 51st Annual Ice fishing contest is Feb 3, 2008

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

The lake elmo Lions club is having there 51st annual contest on lake Jane this Sunday Feburay 3, 2008. The contest runs from 1:00-3:00PM.

The price is $5 on Sunday or you can get them at any of the local business for $4 until Saturday. Lots of door prizes and food.

What does the biggest fish win?

$300 1st

$200 2nd

$100 3rd

And $1,000.00 drawing at the end of the contest.

Bump.

Bump.

Given that the heaviest fish are the winners, does everyone just go for northern/walleye in these things? I've never fished a tourney.....

Usally they do but I have seen a little prech win becuase there was nothing else caught.

Should be a nice day out Sunday come on out.

My brother and I were first timers at the EXTRAVAGANZA last weekend and had a blast, even without any fish. I'm thinking about coming out to Jane on Sunday for some fun. Anyone know where to find a bit more info about this tourney? Found some basics in a couple local papers (time, location, cost), but was wondering about additional rules (augers, #of lines/holes, pre-fishing, shelters, etc). Don't want to haul too much out there if I don't need it Thanks in advance.

They will drill holes for you. You can have one line per ticket max of 2. No pre fishing on sunday and you can have a shelter but you can not seat in it while the contest is going. There is a circle you have to fish in.

Thanks for the info whimpy. Think I'll be giving it a try.

Had a SuperBowl party so I didn't attend, How was it? Good Turnout? What ended up winning?

decent turn out, a 3lb 7oz pike won it.