• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Eyes and or Slimebacks

My son has talked me into trying for big Slimebacks rather than our usuall trip to Red or LOW for eyes and crappies. So, I think we are going to head for Leech on Thursday. Can anyone give me a direction as to where we can set up where I may have a chance at an eye while my son is having fun catching his northerns in shallower (or weedy) areas nearby?

Does any resorts plow roads in sucker bay or portage bays or is there any type of vehicle access to these areas. Is the ice even thick enough for vehicle access?

Any help would be appreciated. We have never ice fished this lake before.

Not sure about anything on the big lake as of now but there is decent accsess to walkerbay. The north end out from Ericson lading is producing walleyes and perch. There is an area of basicly un touched weeds where Im sure there would be some pike action along with walleye and perch.

The road from the landing heads due east, 1/2 way to sand point and to the north of the main road is the area im talking about. Here there is a good stretch of weeds in 13 to 15 ft of water. Find the weeds and you should find the pike, you will be able to drill holes and look down to find them. The walleyes really seem to feed in this cold weather, atleast in deeper areas.

Funny thing about this year is normally you have a small evening window of walleye activity, but this year you can have short spirts of activity through out the day.

Portage Bay has been good. Northland resort just north of Federal Dam has a road plowed. We always catch northerns while fishing for perch and eyes. just look for the houses and fish off the drop.