• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Over limit rumor

Any truth to the rumor that 2 guys were caught with 100 crappies on Diamond over the weekend? that's all I heard, and may be nothing but B.S.

with the luck i had fishing out that way im surprised anyone got even remotely close to a limit. i have heard nuttin about it.

A couple of weeks ago it was 80 over on Eagle. Not sure if same rumor or not. Keep an eye on the WC Trib court news usually something in there.

I actually overheard a guy saying he had to call his wife on the cell phone Saturday to come and take 2 limits of crappies home from Diamond for him and his friends. Depresses and angers me to even hear that garbage.

DD

man that is sickening. We've been on the X a couple times this year and could have kept 50 crappies on those days out of the lakes we were on. The thought didn't even cross our mind and we only kept enough for a meal.

I find it ridiculous that anglers who in the summertime are nearly 100% C&R look at you like you are crazy when you release a fish when out ice fishing. It isn't about the fish dinner people!

I agree, unless your family is 6-8 adult people what would anyone need to keep more then 10 fish for. I would rather take 6-7 home and eat them right away or next day then freeze them.

I was in the most recent addition of the Outdoor News feild reports, a couple COs from the Wilmar area did bust people for being over the limit on crappies. It didn't say which lake or how many but there are people out there thats doing it.

talked to a person who spoke to the warden about the outdoor news report, and he said it wasn't true. Jeff was wondering were it came from. Also if you here someone telling someone they took over their limit I'd say call TIPS and turn them in. Heck you may get a reward for doing it.

yep, #TIP on your cell phone. Liscense plate #s, boat ID #s, ice house #'s all help when you call them. Seeing someone get caught would be more than enough reward for me. $ would be a nice bonus.

Eagle lake 2-3 weeks ago was a over limit of crappies cant remember how many,But a friend and I had to laugh they could have gone home with the limit & returned like I see many doing cept these wise guys just took way too many.read it in W.C.Trib

I got a great water color picture on the tip I helped with. Pictures were easier to get then money.

While out on Eagle the weekend of the 12th with a small group of friends, we were checked not once, but twice, by two different wardens for licenses, etc. Both wardens were very kind and professional, the second even laughing with us at being checked twice. It was actually nice seeing them around.

As I had seen a post here regarding the over-the-limit rumors (the rumors at the time were 86, if I recall correctly), I asked the second warden if they were true. He responded "No, it wasn't that many. They had 82."

I believe our collective response was "Holy [PoorWordUsage]. I am glad you guys were around to catch them."

I call that as close to the horses mouth as I am ever going to get.

Have fun and be safe out there.

CF

A couple of summers ago I was fishing opener with my dad when I seen a boat in the distance and the occupants were looking at us with binoculars. I did what any good person would to and waved to them. My dad didnt think it was funny, especially when it turned out to be the C.O. they came over and checked us, of course we were legal. the C.O. thanked me for waving him over (even though I was just waving) moral of the story, hug a C.O. they are helping us out, ok maybe dont hug them,they might think your hiding something.

I agree i love to see those guys out there. I still get a little nervous everytime I get checked even though I am completely legal, don't know why. Anyway what do you do with 82 Crappies. I never even keep my limit no matter how many I catch, I get sick of cleaning.

I am always happy to see them also...honestly I think we need more of them. Keeps the poachers and game hogs in check and generates some nice revenue for the state from irresponsible people who aren't smart enough to buy the licenses they need or follow the rules.

I've gotten checked a lot in the last few years, whether it be hunting, fishing...even snowmobiling. Prior to a couple years ago I had never once been checked!

i have only been checked twice in my lifetime. must be the honest looking face! hehe. seriously, i agree there should be more of them. hey if your not doing anything wrong whats to worry. also if your civil with them they will be also. i always have a question for them on some gray area.

On Diamond the last two years I've been checked for lisence,PFDs,throwable flotation.whistle-horn, last two in 16ft boat,But the Sheriffs water Patrol have done the checks.Not the COs

slim one

even thou they are called the US Fish And Wildlife I dont think they do any boat or water checks around here.

They do have enforcement officers but have never met one on water for fishing .

I have met them during waterfowl hunting.

You will see that Green Lake Property Owners Association kept our DNR enforcement very busy this past July with 2 weeks of very heavy enforcement officer numbers.

They told them that all fishermen were transporting dangerous weeds to and from Green Lakeand that a tournament had several hundred dead fish floating in Green Lake and this put several officers in area for about 2 weeks.

Did not see any violations in paper so must have been poor advise from that group.

• 2 weeks later...

wow I'm GLAD to see so many ppl want more C.O.'s!! I decided to go back to school to become one so wish me luck!!

Basssmasher, I really hope you make-it thoough the course. You sort of know who the meat fishers are. and can keep an eye on those guys. I have seen the school held at Ripley, great deal.

Originally Posted By: basssmasher
wow I'm GLAD to see so many ppl want more C.O.'s!! I decided to go back to school to become one so wish me luck!!

Ya I can get a direct line to a CO Ha Ha Ha I've already got one and their so few and far between he either calls back or stops by. GOOD LUCK not only with school but the [PoorWordUsage] week when they drop ya and ya got to return by any means with no means to do so.

I'm hopin to try your cat & crapy lake this year.Whats the best mouth?