Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KK

Freeborn Lake Perch

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a recent report for Freeborn Lake ?

I was wondering the same thing as I was going to head there Saturday evening with a little kid I am a mentor to and has never been ice fishing before and hope to ge thim on some fish. I have never fished there, so where does everyone go? I see there is a county park on the east side so is there an acess there. Is there a tent city like most lakes and go fish by them? Any info would be great, don't need to hotspot hoenyhole, just get aimed in the right direction. Thanks

It was extremely slow this past saturday.

yeah it was everywhere for that matter atleast us anyhow the perch bite is nothing compared to 4-5 yrs ago we been going there for quite awhile last time out was 2wks ago got enuff for a meal but there no where near the sz they once where

yeah there is a landing at the park (arrowhead) not sure what it looks like now considering it was 40 degrees yesterday.that acess get pretty tore up. yeah youll see tent city as well

So everyone is pretty much fishing the SE side of the lake out in front of the park?

I drove out there to the park on Saturday around 4pm but didn't go out on the lake as the landing looked real rough and deep with snow. I looked through the binocs and it looked like 1 perm shack across the lake to the WNW and about 5 the the SW near that long point or narrows, but no trucks were out there. Decided not to chance it and worry about getting stuck with no help out there and not knowing where to go on the lake. No sense on risking it.

A person always needs to assess the risk/effort being worth the "prize" & you're gut feeling is usually right. Sounds like you made the right choice, fishing is fun & perch are tasty, but....

L2f