Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jkcmj

1st Coyote trapped!

16 posts in this topic

Nabbed my first coyote in a trap yesterday. 30 lb male. I used clear plastic wrap under the trap to prevent freezing to the snow, then a standard screen on top the trigger. I just covered with snow and secured to the tree scent post with a couple of 2 inch staples. I had to reset every couple of days to prevent freeze up of the jaws, but it worked. The second coyote to investigate the post got nailed. The 1st dug up part of one trap, and stayed away from that side of the tree.

[Note from admin: one of the pictures did no fall within our picture guidelines Thank You]

006.jpg

awesome pics........that has to be such an adrenaline rush, walking up on a set and seeing a coyote peeking around the tree at you, great job

Congrats! I am still waiting for my first. I've had snares out for two weeks with no luck.

Sweet pics. i am dieing to get to my yote spot and get a couple!!

Keep on taking these mangy ba#$%#$ds

Very Nice JK, good job, you can be proud of that one. Not everyone can say they caught a coyote at the end of january, in a trap. Nice Job.

Leech

Chalked up another one Saturday morning. Same set. Better not try making a living at this rate! 2 weeks to catch the 1st one, and then 3 weeks before the 2nd!

coyoteandwrestling2-9-08012.jpg

I stand corrected. 2 weeks between coyotes. Time flies when your having fun!

Hey guys lets try to keep the pics tasteful!! I mean who wants to see that?! It turns my stomach, honestly. It totally ruins a good picture of a beautifully trapped coyote. Why would someone where a green bay packers coat? Gross!!

NOW that is some funny stuff right there! grin.gif I was ready for a totally different ending to your paragraph!

That was hilarious Ironman!!!

Got my 3rd yote Monday morning. A rather ornery one it was, growling and barking. Sorry no packer photo this time around!

jkcmj, great job, where abouts in se mn are you. my in laws are in spring grove.

I am in between Winona and Rushford.

A pic of the coyote caught Monday.

3rdCoyotetrappedatGilmore2-11-08008.jpg

I knew exactly where he was going with that comment - I'm thinking the same thing!

At least he's wearing a respectable hat in the first pic.