Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tipup101

How was the fishing?

7 posts in this topic

How was the fishing this weekend. Wife said I had to finish all the half started projects in the basement. So how was it Mostly wondering about Lake Zumbro, Chester, and Fosters. Gonna take a day or two off work and run around and do some fishing. Trying to figure out where I was going to spend my time.

I fished Foster's on Saturday from 10:30 to 4:45.

Missed a trout immediately when I dropped my first line in the water, then caught a 15-incher ten minutes later. Caught a 10" largemouth at 1:30 and another trout around 17" at 3:30.

Other than that, a lot of waiting and watching the flasher. I was marking lots of fish near the bottom. If I had dropped a jig and spikes down there I probably could have caught some gills or crappies too, but I mainly fish Foster's for trout action.

I talked to one other guy who fished with a buddy for a couple hours and he said all they caught was a smallmouth. They had a camera and he said they saw a lot of sniffers but no biters.

Hi tipup101 I'm new to the site. Ever go to silver creek?

Crappie's are bitting good , morning bite between 7am & 12:30pm

Caught 10 8-10" yesterday. Ever want to go fishing let me know aday a head or e-mail me. To follow later.Gee i wish it would STOP SNOWING. talk at you later.

Never been there and from what I hear that lake gets enough action with out me dipping in the well. But mabey someday I'll venture out there for fun. But when it comes to panfish and I'm fishing for a limit. I like to do it out of bigger bodys of water where there is a larger population. But thats just me. Even though I'll keep a limit worth of crappies mabey twice all year. It's just how I am.

I was out at silver creek this morning.....not very fun. The whole resevoir was all ice, no snow on top. I set my small shack up and the wind immediately pick up and I was flying across the ice inside the shack...not very fun. I finally got it stabalized and put a line and my vexilar in the water, when the wind picked up and blew me away again. Hey keith where abouts do you fish at in the morning. I was out yesterday afternoon and caught one nice crappie towards the northeast side of the resevoir.

we pounded the crappies on clear in waseca a couple 12-13" ers it was a good weekend

What time did you fish Clear..?