• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thinking about heading here tonight to try my luck for a few hours. I know there are a ton of people out here but I was thinking about trying the area by grassy island. Anyone know if this is a good area to look for crappies?

Thanks TO, tonight didn't go so well though. Got out there and after about 20 minutes my light just stopped working, so I tried to fish in the dark but gave up after like 10 minutes. Was in 24 feet of water, marked tons of fish anywhere from 2 to 8 feet down below the ice. They would come in and stay for about 5 minutes then leave for couple and then come back again. Just wondering, but were all of these crappies or some other fish? Thanks.

Could have been crappies. We fished where you did saturday during the day until about 3 pm. The crappies were stacked on the bottom 8' in 24-30' of water. Maybe they come up shallower at night?

If they were shad you were in the right area. The bigger crappies and walleye shadow the schools of shad.

NO I didn't get bit but I kinda thought that they might be shad. I just didn't think those could all be crappies, thanks guys.

I saw some interesting images from a "side view depth finder". It looked like wolves chasing sheep. A cloud would move by and then the bigger blips would move by. The schools of shad are the ticket year round.