Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
POUNDPANNIES

quamba

8 posts in this topic

has anyone been to quamba lately? thinkin about it tomarrow, i hit it early got into some nice gills, this time i was hoping for some of them big craps.

I was out there on Saturday. About 30 to 40 houses for a small lake. Its seemed way over pressured, and the fishing showed. The bite was extremely slow, and the few crappies we caught were not that impressive (9").

Good luck if you go though. Me, I won't make the drive for that lake again. I have friends in the area and hopefully they will want to try a different lake next time.

thanks for the report, i ended up at pokegama, caught probaly 50 gills and craps.released alot of 9 inch craps and 7 inch gills. kept maybe 12 that were a bit bigger. 15 fow lavra and #16 marmooska, best day on the water so far in 08, i would'nt give on quamba though i iced some bull gills out this year 10 plus inches, not to mention my buddy got a 9lb eye.

The bad thing is, word gets about about a small lake like that producing a few nice fish. And they get cleaned out in no time.

Didn't this lake freeze out a few years ago? If I were catching 10" bluegills I certainly wouldn't be talking about it on a fishing forum.

just my two cents worth

Mark

It must have frozen out. It sure hasn't produced much this year. It is a shallow lake with a max of 11' but with the low water levels its more like 9' now.

For the size of this lake it gets WAY TOO MUCH pressure to sustain it for a long term. I agree it shouldn't be discussed in detail on an open forum.

I have ice fished this lake the last 4 years and never had great success......a few nice sunnies and very few nice crappies....put in time on this body of water and I won't go back anytime soon.....stay on that lake and join the masses as I will go elsewhere! Good Luck