Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goosekiller9

west battle lake

11 posts in this topic

was on west battle on sat fishing tough

sun went down vex lite up like x-mas tree

missed a nice walleye a nice 19 incher right up to the whole. crapies are real small. stll was fun.

any other reports from area i.e. rush- lizze ect.

Fished W Battle this weekend also.

No eyes but seen one on the camera that didn't seem interested in what we were offering.. Caught quite a few perch and one pike in 25-30 fow.

thought about venturing out on west battle this weekend.. not familiar with lake at all, wondering about some prefered depths on walleye fishing (flats, breaks?)... does someone prefer one side of the lake over the other?

There are a few big islands out there! if you can find those and fish deeper than you think its a very clear lake. If you can find the edge of a brake give her a try.

i located a deep, sunken island on my gps on the east side of the lake, do you know anything about this island hhguide? thanks!

NO_bad That could be one of the island I know that their are two of them and that sounds right about where one of them should be.

There are alot of humps and holes on this lake. I fish it at least twice a year,mostly in summer.A freind of mines aunt used to have a resort on the West side near the public acess. Ive been comeing up there about 17yrs. Did a few ice fish trips also.Its a lake that Ive never been skunked on. Are the Crappies on the bite on the West side. What is the ice thicknes on the west side around near the wall. Thinking of possible trip.

Ice thickness at least 18 inches and the crappies are very hit and miss right now.

last time I was out there it was pretty slow.. caught some small crappies too.. no keepers.. the lake has gotten hit harder then past years I've been out there... good luck

Going to try my luck out there tonight. Any spots where I could land some eyes or slabs? I can see a lot of humps and walls out there, but just don't know where to set up at. Going to bring the portable out. I was wondering about the Snow conditions out there. Will I be able to get out there with the 4-WD? I hope so. I need to land something tonight. Thanks.

What works best out there for bait? I know some crappies do like fatheads. What about the walleyes? Shinners or what?

Thanks again.

If you go out there you will kind of see where to go, if you go out by the shoreline cafe accses go to the right and follow the plowed road and you will come to a spot were there are fish houses they are fishing for crappies, I was in 29 feet of water and catching fish at 3 arm lenths and one foot and you want to go as light as possable, but the fishing has really died of last weekend I just mangaed 1 keeper for the weekend.