Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Up North

good panfish lake?

7 posts in this topic

Okay, which lake is a good panfish lake? My 4 year old has been on me daily to take him fishing again but I need to get him on a lake where he can catch something, perch, gills, anything. I was thinking about taking him out on Bemidji tomorrow with a bunch of waxies and see what happens, any ideas on where to start? Cameron, Northwoods landing, Paul & Babe?

Buck

right out of diamond point, cameron is where I've found perch. There are other areas as well

I sure hope you caught some fish out of MY LITTLE RUN DOWN SHACK! grin.gifwhistle.gif

Originally Posted By: woodman
I sure hope you caught some fish out of MY LITTLE RUN DOWN SHACK! grin.gifwhistle.gif

not sure why you even want to use that little run down shack... cool.gif LOL!

We did very well, I was very surprised the boys stayed out there all day, had a heck of time keeping them outta stuff but it went well. I have to say it was probably one of the funnest times I've had as a dad so far, the boys were pulling fish outta the ice and having a blast.

Hail the Woodman... grin.gif

Buck

I told your wife at work that I am not responsible for you buying my shack. grin.gif She laughed and said that you all had a great time. You want to work this weekend, moving another house out to that spot? We could bring the 4 kids and cook dinner and catch some fish! \:D

The wifes would love us for that! ;\)

I sure hope you turned the furnace off with this cold weather or else we will be heating the minnnow's up all week! grin.gif

Originally Posted By: woodman
I told your wife at work that I am not responsible for you buying my shack. grin.gif She laughed and said that you all had a great time. You want to work this weekend, moving another house out to that spot? We could bring the 4 kids and cook dinner and catch some fish! \:D

The wifes would love us for that! ;\)

I sure hope you turned the furnace off with this cold weather or else we will be heating the minnnow's up all week! grin.gif

I left the down payment on the table in the shack... whistle.gif

Yeah, let me know what time you need a hand. I turned the furnace down to the 50 degree mark so you should have a couple lbs. of propane left... grin.gif

Oh, and one of your rattle reels is probably messed up, I went to close the curtains (it was dark) and when I pulled it down my hand caught some line and ziiiinnnnngggggg! Sorry, I could have fixed it but the boys were banging something on the truck, Sam had a wet boot/sock/foot due to stepping in a hole...figured I'd better get them outta there. mad.gif

Buck

Ever try Grace lake? I used to go out there in about 9ft. Sight fishing. Great time! Go out from the acess about 1/4 mile then go south about 1/4 mile. you should be in a prime spot. 3-6 is the best bite. Some crappies out there, big boys. There very hard to find out there though. Good luck.