Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Sugar Report 1/26

12 posts in this topic

Hit sugar today. Fished the drop offs of reed island. Started the day with a dead vexilar battery. So I punched a bunch of holes while waiting for my dad to show with his vex. Every one of my holes ended up being in 4' of water or less. Was a good way to kill time anyway. Finally started fishing about an hour after being on the ice. Couldn't catch anything but tiny perch. My guess is the small airplane that kept taking off and landing on the ice over and over again spooked the fish mad.gif. Will hit cedar tomorrow, hopefully I will do better there.

Sorry to hear about that. I heard the airplane flying overhead as well. That sucks when he buzzes over.

Can't condem a guy for enjoing his form of recreation as long as he's not violating any laws. There's a lot of interests out there and only one great outdoors. Lets all enjoy it and give something back to nature (the great outdoors) each year.

Very true. I do know a guy that has one, and he gave up fishing because he loves it so much!

Wasn't really too upset about it, but hey...gotta blame my lack of success on something, right? grin.gif

You gotta wonder about a guy who gives up fishing to fly a plane...

I'm looking to do my first flying lesson. float plane some day.

Fished Sugar on Sunday. The plane's were out there. I know the guys. And NO, it does not scare the fish. Had a Muskie down the hole when he Buzzed the fishhouse. He didn't even flinch.

Anyways- seen alot of muskies on Grass Island during the day. Northerns were staying in deeper water, hitting sucker minnows in 30 FOW. Didn't seen any Muskies after 4 o'clock, then the pike moved up to the shallows just a little after 4. They were hitting sucker minnows.

Are reed and weed island the same location? As in the point around the corner from the north access?

I guess until we fly a plane, one will never know!

Its not Reed Island or weed Island. "Grass island" separates the main lake from the north bay. It starts at Bell Point. The point with Bell on it, and it goes to the reed bed on the north end. Hope this helps.

I was out on one of the humps of the main lake on Sunday. Tons of 6" and smaller perch on the tops. Two tip up pike in 20 FOW. Gonna hit a different spot tomorrow for some bigger fish.