• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thank you Burntside Bashers!

Hey all:

About 70 people made it out to this year's Bash today.

Beautiful day, clouds and just a little snow now and then with temps in the 20s and almost no wind.

Biggest fish reported caught was about 7 pounds, and success ranged from seeing no fish to catching limits inside of 20 minutes, and of course everywhere in between.

As with every year, we had a great time putting faces to online names, and we raised a lot of money for Deb, for who this year's Bash was named.

I want to thank all of you, those who helped in ways both large and small, for making this a great success! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

catfish,

glad to hear everything went well. 70 folks is a nice crowd. i was bummed that i had to work today..but at least i got to fish on fri...cant complain..there is always next year.

mike

Here's a few shots from the Bash today. More when I get some time:

From the lower parking lot:

BB9.jpg

HQ:

BB5.jpg

Oldest machine at the Bash?

BB2.jpg

Checking the map:

BB8.jpg

A match made in heaven? (Need some witty titles for this one!)

BB6.jpg

Hot Spot Outdoors - Fishing Minnesota:

BB4.jpg

From on the ice:

BB3.jpg

You caught one, HOW BIG?

BB7.jpg

Thats a great pic of Frank and Steve. First thing that came to mind was "Fur Balls" \:\)

stfcatfish, steve we had a great time, 243 miles one way and was worth every mile. Was really nice to meet some folks and wanted to thank you for getting the bash togther and everybody elses time they put in to make this happen. I wish I would have been around for the prizes and more of the auction, but when fish are bite'n I gotta be jiggin. thought I would throw this photo up.

gerrylakers126082.jpg

gerrybiglaker126082.jpg

Here are a few of what I grabbed during the afternoon.

Sure was cool seeing you all. grin.gifgrin.gif

at-the-auction.jpg

food.jpg

merry-crew.jpg

fur.jpg

bash-fish.jpg

Great pics guys, I've got a couple to post as well but I'm a little too tired to do it right now. grin.gif I ended up with one fish around 7 pounds and lost a couple other fish. Like always it was a great time even if the fishing was a little slow. Great weather, great people, and just an overall great time. Thanks to all who made the bash what it is.

Many thanks to stfcatfish, Surface Tension, Cheffery and and to all the other FMers that helped put the Bash on. What a great time and a chance to meet the people we chat with and now we get a chance to fish with them. This will always be penciled in on my calender as a must attend event every year.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

We had a great time and enjoyed put the names to new faces and see those old faces. I'd like to thank the everyone that donated items and services for the auction and drawings. Cheffery & Shannon, thanks for cooking and feeding the crowd. Lastly I'd like to thank everyone that came to the Bash.

Hey, we didn't catch a fish and my crew STILL had a blast. The scenery can't be beat. I have a friend that I grew up with in Duluth who has lived in Texas for many years now and he almost cries seeing pictures of the Bash. We are truly blessed to have such beauty. Nice to meet the few that I did. My son had a blast burning fuel on the 650 Artic Cat wheeler and playing all star wrestling with me and junior. My friend from Minneapolis wants to go back to B-side this winter. It was his first Laker trip and he fell in love with it. Congrats to all the folks who caught fish and most importantly, thank you for helping out a friend. Keep your chin up Deb! BC

All I can say is the bash is never a boar thats for sure. I wound up 1 for 5 but I still had a blast. Tried out some new spots and saw fish in each.

A huge thanks to Chffrey and Shannon for all the cooking. Also to Nate for pulling that monster grill all the way there and back.

Of course a thanks goes out to Frank and Steve for putting another awesome Bash together.

No way we can talk about the bash this year without mentioning Deb and thanks to all who helped raise some very needed $ to help her out.

Also thanks to everyone who donated anything however big or small. Frank/Steve any numbers on how much was raised?

It was a blast talking to all that I did. Some I can remember and some is still a bit cloudy. sick.gifgrin.gif

I knew better than to get dragged to that darn Wabbitt. ;\)

Til next year everyone, see ya on the ice and good fishin.

Next stop the Cheesehead Event on Chequamegon Bay.

Stfcatfish - Surface Tension - what a fantastic weekend. You guys and all who helped, put on one heck an event!!!! GREAT job !!!!

I had a very fantastic time, learned so much, fishing with Surface Tension and Stfcatfish on Fri. Thanks guys that was a wonderful day!!!!

Hanging with Lisa and Jim, PowerStroke, Dan and Skippers Kid on Sat was exciting. We hole hoped and had a bit of excitement everywhere. (thanks guys for picking up my stuff blush.gif) Good job of hanging on ( well kind of ) Power Stoke and Dan. eek.gif

It was great meeting everyone and making new friends. Great weekend everyone!! grin.gif

Harvey Lee and Rick - It was a pleasure meeting you.

Oh yea and the best part - he, he, \:\/ I out fished Harvey Lee grin.gif

grin.gif

I just got home safe and sound. I had a fantastic time as always. It was quite the crowd this year and it was great to see everyone turn out for such a great cause. The fishing ranged from none to blockbuster, but thats fishing. I was happiest about the weather being almost perfect!!

Thanks to Tami (reelemin) for hauling our lazy butts around all day. That ride back on the sled was awesome, like riding a tube on the open water. All I can say about it is I'm glad I had my arctic armor.

Thanks to Steve, Frank, Cheffrey and everyone else that helped coordinate this event. It will always be on my calender.

That wabbit will do it every time Steve, thanks for bowing out on the Loomis, I can't wait till open water. It was our pleasure to cook. The least we could do for Deb!

I ended skunked not for a lack of fishing. Shannon had a nice one on that got off at the hole.

Thanks everyone for coming, TCbrookston for setting up the wheel house. All the great shops that donated for the auction and everyone else that was part of making another great bash memory!

PS, you all missed out on some intense bowling! whistle.gif

Ohhh I should've gone bowling! It was a great day! Great food, great people, great fun all for a great cause. I can't wait till next year!

Thanks for a great time everyone!

I finally finished unpacking and cleaning a few fish.

Phenomenal day today, (that added to the already awesome first two days) full report coming in the next couple of days, lots of pics and videos.

Steve said limits in 20 minutes? That's an eternity to the show Hanson put on today ;\).......stay tuned.

Sure glad to be part of such a classy event. Kudos to the organizers. \:\)

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

We needed all of you there other wise the Bash wouldn't be the Bash.

We've updated the donation list and will continue you to. We don't want to leave anyone out.

Thanks to all of you we raised $1888 for Deb.

Bears Den In Twig donated $50 gift certiicate, Polar Vision Hand Held Sonar.

MarCum VX-1 Three Color Flasher donated by Fisherman's Corner and Swap Meet proceeds. Fisherman's Corner also donated Five $10 Gift Certificates

A 2-day stay in a brand new sleeper ice fishing shack from from Appeldoorn’s Sunset Bay on Mille Lacs (weekend rental value $725). The shack has 8 holes with Rattle Reels and features “onboard power,” 2 queen bunks, 2 twin bunks, oven with range, microwave, indoor bathroom, TV/DVD Player, underwater cam, fireplace, ceiling fan, and so much more. You can get more info and see pictures here.

A gift certificate for a wedding/party DJ package from Robert Burrington, who is Little Perch 2 on FM (value $300.)

Two tickets for the annaul Grand Superior Lodge wild game feed. All you can eat and drink (value $90). And a one-night stay at the lodge (value $120.)You can find out more about GSL here.

Your choice from Vermilion guide Cliff Wagenbach of either a half-day guided open water trip or full day ice-fishing house rental on Vermilion. Click here for more information.

A framed, signed matted print of a wild black wolf from Steve Foss Images. (value $120). You can view that image here.

A gift certificate from JustinG good for two 18-hole rounds of golf (cart included) at the Ely Golf Course (value $100.)

A gift card from Gander Mountain (value $100.)

A large selection of hand-tied flies of many styles and sizes made by FM/HSO member Kallista.

A framed, signed print of a male pine grosbeak from Finn Bay Photography (value $85.)

Cheffrey & Shannon also has generously donated his chef skills, and we will be offering some type of brat or other meat combo plate for $5 or so, which will mean a lot of folks won't have to bring their own food and prepare it themselves.

Gander Mountain- Gift cards

Soderblooms donated the drift sock, Glow Rattle wheels and life vest

Great Outdoors in Ely

Babes Tackle in Ely

Blomberg's Cenex C-store in Ely

Fish Gutz - Antique Lure

Marine General- Ice Rods

Wade Joseph- Flasher batteries

Wanderer - JR rod/tackle bag

Tom Zukis- Donated a Nice G-Loomis Rod

The Bait Box- Donated Genz Rod/reel combo and Tip up

Jason Mitchell Rods

Great Job everyone. Had a blast for a great cause.

Can't wait to get back up next year.

tc, thanks for taking care of some of the trash, too, my man.

Did Chris score the laminated map on the side of your house? I figured I'd leave it there for you two to fight over. grin.gifgrin.gif

Originally Posted By: stfcatfish
tc, thanks for taking care of some of the trash, too, my man.

Did Chris score the laminated map on the side of your house? I figured I'd leave it there for you two to fight over. grin.gifgrin.gif

Doh, what do ya think, I'd let it simply fly away on its own on the highway?? grin.gifgrin.gif

Anyone who donated prizes and didnt get recognized please e-mail me personely. I know I have forgoten at least 2 names.

A big thanks to everyone who came and helped raise some well needed money for Deb!

Totally A Blast! I was 0 fer 2 on Sat & Sunday, but learned alot & got to enjoy a couple of spectacular days on the beautiful Burntside.

ST & STF- Thanks for the weekends admin.

Skippers Kid- Send me a email so I can get you some Photos, man.

finsnfriends at hotmail. com

Jim & Lisa, the way you got me around & drilled my holes after my auger cord snapped, I feel like you adopted me for a couple of days. Youz guys are awesome!

Justin G.- I was the only bidder on the Golf Cert. Thank you!

Brookston- Your shack is sweet, can I be your fishing buddy when you have room! grin.gif

Kent & Porter- You guys must be the ambassadors for FM in Ely. There may even be a few places that will let us in next year. Porter your "robot" dance is burned into my memory.

Jim Gets Dinner, Hanson Inspects a B.Side Smelt

BBash08036.jpg

Skippers Kid & Lisa Tealz Pose in front of SK's auger after extracting it from being lodged in the ice. Thank Jim for drilling out the auger with his Nils & SK then chipped that 100 lb. block of ice off with his pliers. When the auger got stuck I thought SK was going to freak out & kill me, but he kept his cool. whistle.gif

BBash08018.jpg

Porter (AKA PPP) was pulling in all the ladies when Journey and Styx were played back to back. What are the odds of that happening? Too many other funny stories to list, maybe others can try.

Nice to meet so many people, chaffmj, TCBrookston-thanks for the Paella and Hanson thanks you for the 3/4 Captain, Casaloma, Skipper's Kid, Xplorer, IlltakewhatIcanget, Cheffrey, Shiner, Quickstrike, Northlander, Jimalm, LisaTealz, stfcatfish, Surface Tension, Shannon, dtro, Hanson, Mark, Ryan, reelemin, Harvey Lee, Rick, Z, the kid at the bowling alley that Kent paid off but that's okay cuz he smells like shoe cleaner and has pool chalk on his back, too many to remember, too many to forget.

The people alone at the event are worth it, the help we were able to give Deb was worth it, the fishing was well worth it for myself, dtro, and hanson. Talk about an event full of people that would give you the shirt off their back.

THANKS!!!!

Cass! Awesome photos!

Too bad my big Arctic Armor butt was in the way of our beautiful NILS AUGER! That was too funny! Skippers Kid handled it well. No problem with the lake travel either-it's more fun with more people!

tcbrookston, hope you got that 5 o'clock deal taken care of yesterday dude. ;\)

Good times friends...good times! \:\)

Here's a few quick pics, it would take a longer to post all the stories from the weekend than it would to write a novel, so I'll keep it short.

l_a8dcc98a774f9e4c87199676a1f2e0e8.jpg

My only fish of the weekend, caught on a Heddon Sonar.

l_358c6f1c94105774450d2f1e50be7856.jpg

The crew minus one. Shannon had to take the pic but surely held her own with the guys all weekend. Picture is myself, Shiner, Cheffrey, I'lltakewhaticanget, Ryan, and Mark (aka LSFSPY)

l_e2a4c985f931f89cd16a287a3268a391.jpg

Time to go home.

Unfortunatly I forgot my camera for the bowling tourny and Porter and Mark's dance off. Oh well, we'll just have to try and top it next year.

This was our first Bash, but it will probably be a yearly event for us now. Nice to meet everyone, thanks to all who organized, donated etc.

A special thanks to Quickstrike and the Crew for letting us borrow their auger. It figures that something won't work when you get 3 miles from the truck...you guys really bailed us out and we appreciate it!

Thanks again!!