Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efgh

Lake Frances fishing contest

7 posts in this topic

American Legion post 311 is sponcering a fishing contest on Lake Frances Sunday Feb.3rd from 1:30 to3:30. Site of contest is the East acess just north of Elysian.Tickets can be purchased on the lake or in any business place in Elysian prior to the contest. A 1 dollar chance will give you a chance at one of the cash prizes from a $1000- #50. If you fish a chance for one of the cash prizes for biggest.2nd,3rd,4th.5th and 6th. It also includes a chance for merchantdize prizes which will be drawn every 30 seconds.And finally it is good for a cup of stew served at the main booth on the lake. I just hope the fishing is a little better than the Otter run had.

I fishing this contest last year and had a very good time even though it was super cold.

I'm looking forward to it again this year and can't wait for Sunday. \:\)

Is anyone else from FM gonna be there?

i will be there

I will be there.

what does it cost to enter? can you use houses? do you drill own holes or do you have holes already? looking to havin young kid with thats why asking about house.

Lokk at the first post, holes will be drilled.

Typically as with all fishing contests, use of houses is usually only permitted outside the fishing area and only to be used as warming shacks. That is how it was stated last couple years from what I remember, but no you can't fish inside a house while in the contest. Hopefully I'll be out there this year, but with the new little one we had earlier in January, I haven't gotten out much this season. I never win but the stew is well worth sitting out in the cold for.