• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

contest results?

wow...the prizes for that tourny are great! getting a shelter for a .5lb walleye is a great deal!

Looks like alot of eyes were caught, awesome to see that. congrats to the winners. thinking i might make the long jaunt over next year!!

I have a question about the tournament results. I noticed on the results page that Trevor Birdsall, who caught the 100th place fish and won the Glastron boat, is also listed as having the 43rd largest fish, a .80 rock bass. According to the rule #4:

"4. Each person will be allowed to fish one hole per ticket, two holes maximum. You may register as many fish as you want, but only the heaviest fish per contestant will qualify for a competition prize. No contestant will be eligible for more than one competition prize. There is no age requirement on tournament participation."

A person is not eligible to win twice. Unless by incredible coincidence there are two Trevor Birdsalls living in the little town of Princeton, and if I'm interpreting the rules of the contest correctly, shouldn't he be ineligible to win the boat? If anyone can clarify I would appreciate it.

Could be a Trevor Jr.,fishing with dad? I don't know. All I know is my name isn't on that list after fishing the contest yesterday.I think I know this guy,or at least I used to know his dad.If it is a mistake/oversight I am pretty sure the Jaycees will take care of it.

Originally Posted By: rockman
Could be a Trevor Jr.,fishing with dad? I don't know. All I know is my name isn't on that list after fishing the contest yesterday.I think I know this guy,or at least I used to know his dad.If it is a mistake/oversight I am pretty sure the Jaycees will take care of it.

Nope, his dad is Rick from Elk River. (Who apparently finished #35 from the looks of the results.)

And the Star Tribune today says he is 26 years old, so if it's his own son he would be likely be pretty young.

Yep,I kinda thought it was the same guy.I won't say how, but I knew his dad,Rick,from years ago.I couldn't remember how old Trevor was.I haven't talked to them for a very long time.Well, the Jaycees better investigate this situation to make it right.

I didnt catch anything this year, no suprise, but one guy next to me was in 99th place at least thats what he said with like 2 minutes left in the tourny.

I did not fish because of a sinus infection but my next door neighbor said he was fishing pretty close to the guys who finished 1 and 2... He said they were in pretty deep water... around 60 ft... Does not surprise me given the time of the day...

I was really surprised at the number of walleyes caught this year.... The weather conditions could not have been much better...Several days of stable weather with warming..light winds and temp in the low 20's... Pretty nice... If it would have been the previous weekend it would have been absolutely terrible....

I wonder what the count is on the number of entries? My guess is over 12,000.... Great event!!!!

Way to go Jaycees!!!!

Originally Posted By: JConrad

I wonder what the count is on the number of entries? My guess is over 12,000.... Great event!!!!

Way to go Jaycees!!!!

I'm hearing from a secondry source, but I heard that they didn't quite make it to 10,000. I'm sure the Dispatch will mention the total Monday.

if trevor had bought 2 tickets he would be able to claim 2 prizes, right? otherwise it is like you said 1 prize per ticket from what I understand.

Originally Posted By: frogtosser
if trevor had bought 2 tickets he would be able to claim 2 prizes, right? otherwise it is like you said 1 prize per ticket from what I understand.

I don't know. The rules say one prize per contestant, not one prize per ticket. If anyone has any more information about this, I would like to hear it.

It's my understaning that it's 1 prize per contestant and that each ticket is a contestant since that is how they would get their total number of contestants for contest since I'm sure they don't actually go around and count heads. So if he had 2 tickets he should be able to enter 2 fish since he would be 2 contestants.

with over 20,000 holes that we drilled, only one hole pulled a 5lb walleye from it.

and I think I drilled that hole. So you better thank me. Joking I have no clue what holes I drilled. To many to keep track of.

I think the lack of fish being caught has more to do with the noise above the ice than anything.

That said... still a very fun time.

The Jaycees are looking into the double dipper. Even if he did buy 2 tickets, the rules state only 1 prize per contestant (not ticket) And he DID have 2 tickets.

I can't see any easy "fix" to this...The Jaycees judges obviously screwed up. What can be done if the results are wrong, but announced and posted as "official" as the website sugggests? It's going to be interesting for sure. They better clarify next year or limit every person to one ticket, which would reduce the $$$ made, so that probably won't happen either.

Do they call every winner from 100-150 (and the poor person at 151st) and have them back in Brainerd to adjust the prizes? That seems unlikely as well.

I fished the tournament 3 times, awhile back and never caught a fish...how often have people caught multiple fish, after buying two tickets, if that is true like jpz says?

I saw a guy with 1 ticket (i would presume) He caught 4 fish out of his one hole. His 3 buddies around him all also had fish.

The other thing I find interesting is that after looking at the winners list it appears that the double dipper has 2 relatives who also won prizes.......I guess these guys had some hot holes.

I wasn't ever that lucky! I hope to make it back up there again in the next couple of years...how is the pre-contest party? Is it worth coming up early, to stay and have fun?

I'm gotten into a perch hole.......of course that was the year EVERYONE was in a perch hole. Yeah, I guess the guy gets 2 and we move on.

So, jpz, it sounds like some people, including you, have caught multiple fish, great job! I must not be lucky enough or I don't try hard enough or try too hard...I'm sure there are some people have fished almost every year without winning a prize...if there are thousands of people and 100-150 prizes per year, that would mean a bunch are in my situation!

I wonder if the Jaycees will comment or just let it go? I'd hate to be on that board, trying to figure out what can/will/should happen.

Good luck fishing!

We had a decent year. Our group of 7 took 2 prizes (41st and 44th). We registered 3 other fish that did not win. We got into the rock bass hole apparently. The only time I've ever been happy to catch a big rock bass. I also missed a bigger fish that spit the hook about half way up. I would have liked to see what it was. We were fishing between 50 and 57 feet of water.

I was 41st and I missed winning a wheeler by 0.02 lb. That sort of sucked, but any prize is great at this contest. The cherry on top was winning a raffle prize, too. I just need to figure out what to use $100 at Fleet Farm for.

We will be back next year, as well. This is an annual thing for us.

Well he may get the shaft here, I mean they take the biggest fish, which would not be his 100th place fish. I wouldnt think the guy in 101st place would be ok with this screwup, or the 102nd. Plus a few others!

I agree that he should not get both prizes. However, I don't know how you move everyone from 100-150 up one prize, after they have all been rewarded. However, if I was one of the guys sitting in the 101 or 102 spot, currently, I'd be screaming bloody murder right now. If they were to adjust it, though, it would suck to be the guys at 125 and 150, who got wheelers and would then have to switch to an Aqua Vu and a clam.

I just don't see, logistically, how they can adjust it and make it fair for all 50 people who would be affected.

I heard they made over $250,000 on this years event. they should just pony up what it takes to buy the guys ATV's that missed out.

Just don't move me off my 1.42# Tulibee and my weekend party at Craguns I have planned for this summer!!!

Bushwac 18th place!!

I would think about the only reasonable solution would be to offer those from 101 to 150 the opportunity to move up one spot if they want to. If not, keep them where they're at. If it means they have to pony up the extra cash for the ATV, which it likely would, that's the cost of making the mistake. Live and learn.

Aaron