Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TDOT

Bald Eagle Walleye

4 posts in this topic

How's the Walleye been out there so far? Thinking about going there this aft. Of maybee Forest Lake. Any suggestions?

Any report on the ice conditions on Bald Eagle. I assume you can drive all over with a 1/2 ton truck? Or is that a bad assumption?

I can answer my own question. Fished Bald Eagle this morning. There was at least 18in of ice. Caught lots of crappies. Size was small on average. Released most of them. But caught several larger than 10".

Yes, I found around 20" ice and several small crappies tonight, about 1 per hour. Biting VERY lightly though. No sign of walleyes. I am in a perm shack on the north east side of the island in 29 fow.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• AlwaysFishing23
      I would say gas augers are still getting better. For example my solo engine always starts never leaks and emissions are very very low. I don't think I burned a half gallon of gas the whole winter and I drilled maybe 500 holes max still not a lot but pretty good for only using a cup or so of fuel an outing. Not saying electrics are bad but for me I just can't pull my self away from the convince of gas. Every winter I think I do give more and more respect to cordless drill or electric set ups. Well then also with this last winter we had a goo full 24 inches of ice for maybe 3 weeks this it starting melting fast
    • Wanderer
      I like the electrics too but it will be a necessity for me to finally give up my gasser for good.  One tank on it can cut many, many holes.  Batteries are expensive so I don't plan on buying extras for those days I plan to explore.   I think it was mentioned on the forums before: With the mapping apps and gps we have available now, we probably all drill fewer holes over the season than we used to.  The problem I have though is I don't repeat locations many times over the winter. Heck, not even lakes that often.  I've been carrying the gas, electric and hand auger pretty much all winter.
    • ducksnbucks
      T1, sent you a PM! -T2
    • Hawg
      There are still the guys that argue up and down about electrics but they are getting fewer and fewer. They are all very strong people though,I wouldn't want get into a fight with anyone that drills 200 holes a day and carries around a 35# + auger 
    • AlwaysFishing23
        Me! Also agree with leech a lot of those kind of seats are on sale quite often at FF.