Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FMSmitty

swede grove

7 posts in this topic

I haven't see many actual reports on here lately so I thought I would put one out. I fished Swede yesterday afternoon with a co-worker who had never ice fished. Set up at 2 and fished til 5:30. We caught a nice mix of perch and gils, the perch were 8-10" and the gils were nice, most over 8". The fish were finicky, had to really tease them up off the bottom before they would tap lightly. Picked up 2 northern on tip-up's and smelt, but had a lot of flags. Had a great time and hooked a new guy on the sport. It was worth the trip to see his face when he pulled that little 3 pound pike thru that hole. Like the commercial says- Priceless!

Yup i went out again to try my luck durring the perch bite about 12:15-2:30 and my girlfriend pulled up a nice perch, one of 4 perch and then that was it. lots of traffic, and i was sitting in the middle of everyone so it wasnt great, house accross from us pulled in a couple of nice snot rockets and that was it that i could see, not too impressed, has really shut down since mid Dec. so i think im gonna start venturing around to find a little bigger lake.

Yeah --

I heard it was good early ... that can be a fun lake.

Anyone heard anymore about he plans to drain that mudhole?

yeah -- sounds like it is still in the works. I will call Bruce and get the specifics.

he was out of the office -- will post info when and if he calls me back.

Ouch, Watchdog, Pike Pickler, and I all went out yesterday morning 6am-noon and fished the North bay (bowl). The bite was tough, overall, we landed a couple of perch and couple of gills. We saw 4 pikes, 1 being of nice size on camera. But, all they did was look at out bait and move on. Interested to watch schools of about 15 gills come in and leave from time to time. The lake has definately seen the pressure. I think the only entertainment we had was when the DNR truck drove by a couple of time. He never stopped by though, I would have liked to interviewed him of where the bite is on at, because it certainly wasnt on at Sweed Grove. the Perch