• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

free lures for life

i quit smoking on the first of the year and instead of buying 2 packs of cigarettes a day i am buying at least one rapala or salmo lure and mabe 2. i filled 5 lure trays up and will keep filling more. to cool the amount of lures i'm going to have basicly for free. 28 years, smoking's been an expense so it really is free lures for life for me. don't even notice the money going into the lures. smokes get more expensive i get to spend more on lures. when i'm full up on lures i'll spend it on other things like reels and rods. whole lot more fun going to the store every day getting lures than smokes. if you aint been to the sportsmans warehouse yet, GET THERE!!! it's freakin' awsome man. good luck out there. i'll be tying jigs, leaders, spinners, spinner snells, lindy rigs, and other stuff for this year. tight lines and warm mitts.

Originally Posted By: b1gf1sh1
if you aint been to the sportsmans warehouse yet, GET THERE!!! it's freakin' awsome man.

SW has become my favorite place to visit in the last few months to stock up etc.

Nice job on the not smoking!! I also quit but on Oct. 1st. Stick with it! as for the money saved, I paid for two of my 4 trips to LOW ice fishing this year. Good luck !!

Congrats on the quit, I'm almost there. A couple heaters a day down from 10-15. 4 bucks a day does add up quick.

There is also a Sportsmans Warehouse in Woodbury south of 94 but I do not recall the exit, and yes they put Gander to shame on quality, quantity and the prices seem to be a little better. Wish there was one closr to me! Oh and congrats on quitting the gags ! Remember when the urge comes to you it's just a passing thought.

It's off of Cty 19 in Woodbury (Keats/Woodbury Dr.). Right next to the Sam's Club.

Built a custom fish house in 99 as a reward to myself for not smoking for a year. 8 years later I'm due for another!!! Actually with five vexilars a LOW fish house, three power augers, an X2 and and Lodge sort of turned one addiction into another!!!

Sorry Phillip and RJ but you gotta do what you gotta do!

My wife quit four months ago.

Congrats on quitting to the poster and keep away from those nasty things. Buying fishing stuff is a lot healthier than smoking.

thanks for the kudo's all. sportsmans warehouse that i go to is off woodbury drive off of hwy 94. if your going east take a right onto woodbury drive. really hard to see but if you see sams club it's right next door. theres a gander right out there too. great selection of components( not much for muskie components yet but if enough ask we'll turn them) and a massive wall of plastics. they don't advertise so they can keep prices down. so tell everyone we need to keep them in business. the more people that shop there helps them go even lower. they've been there two years and i just found out about them. heard it from my chiropractor, lol. place even smells good. mabe i'm just smelling things better now that i'm not smokin' grin.gif.

If you ever look to get rid of some of your older stuff, you could donate to the DNR, or I know of Lebanon Hills Regional Park. A kids fishing program has been started, and they are always looking for stuff.

I might have to try this one. Sounds like a very good idea. I fiqured 5$ a day thats about 150.00$ a month thats a boat payment. Sounds even better now!!!!!

I can't believe anyone would even think about smoking these days!!!! The taxes on cigs are through the roof. I thought gas taxes were high.....until I heard how much tax is on a pack of cigs!!!!

Sportman's warehouse is way better than gander! Their selection is unbeatable. I always like to go in there and buy new lures that no other places sell and that nobody else I know has. It's fun to experiment with the "no name" lures and then find one that fills your livewell occasionally. Half the fun of fishing is shopping for the lures and trying them out.

Congrats on quitting..heres to a healthy rest of your life..

use them new lures as much as you can and set the hook once for me!

Good job on the quitting smoking! I quit fours years ago after 35 years of smoking. At the $7.50 per day that I would still be spending that pays for several trips to LOW per year, including the one I'm going on this weekend. Pluse we'll likely live to fish a few or many more years.

Good job….keep it up!

A while back someone mentioned the same thing about eating out every day. Instead of eating out, you put the $5 bucks aside each day, then at the end of the week you have 25-30 to buy some fishing stuff with.

Doing it daily though would be some good motivation and something to look forward to each day……hmmm which color Rapala will it be today?

Jeez with these ideas I could quit smoking and quit eating McDonalds and I would save enough for that boat I am looking for!! Let the journey begin!!!!

....and if you quit eating at McDonalds, you'll be able to get away with a smaller, less expensive boat.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Way to go dude. It's been over 5 years for me now. Just thinbk of the money I've saved. \:\)

\:\) thanks again, support helps alot. i eat out for lunch pretty much all week too. i thought about saving that money too but darn it i like hot food and being a highrise window cleaner in this state you need it. i want to get a (going to get grin.gif) downrigger. been looking at different brands and if i save this cash and get lures later i can get the one i really want easier. i want the walker downrigger with the camera system that is at the end of the cable just above the weight. it's called strike vision. total is over 1200 bucks. then it has no screen source, so i'd have to get a camcorder with an attachable add on larger monitor, so for about 2 grand or so i'd be set. i planned on getting one even before i stopped smoking so i might just get it without the cig money. (this is too much fun) i would need other stuff for the rigger too so i could spend the cig money on accessories i guess (lures, snubbers, releases, weights, etc. etc. etc. ). what to do , what to do. whistle.gif