Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b1gf1sh1

free lures for life

6 posts in this topic

i quit smoking on the first of the year. i was up to 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day. that's between 7 and 9 bucks a day.thats a premium lure and some terminals every day. i decided instead of going to the store for smokes every day i'm going to the store for lures. it's alot more fun getting lures. my lure count was allways pretty good but now it's gonna be phenomonal. already filled up five plastic tackle trays ( left lures in boxes so far ) i had laying around empty. have i think 6 more to fill then i need to buy more trays. nothing but rapala and salmo so far, and when i get two of every color and size, with four of my favorites, i'll get others. best thing is this can work expotenially also. see smokes will get more expensive so i get to spend more on fishing stuff as they do. alotta fun. plus i've been smoking for 28 years so it's been an expense for so long i'm not even missing the money. never knew how many lures i was puffing away all that time. well have fun ice fishing all. i'm going to tie some jigs, spinner snells, bucktails, and other stuff for this year. see ya in the spring!!!

Big that is a great habit to kick. I use to smoke a pack or two in a day and that was when I was in high school. But then I started to get real bad chest pains and I knew somehow they were linked to my smoking. I quit cold turkey and notice how good things smelled. And food tasted better than I have ever remember. Congratulations, that means more days for you to fish before you go to the big lake in the sky.

Hey b1gf1sh1, congrats on no more smoking. I've cut way down and need to quit as well. That's putting your smoke money to good use. Maybe that will be a great insentive for you to not pick up the habit again. I never drink much so that's how I justify fishing habit. Go to the bar and spend a hundred bucks to drink or go have a good time fishing. Fishing always wins out. Way to go on no smoking and here's to being around many more years of fishing for it.

Congrats on the big step. When my grandpa quit smoking, he put the money he'd spend on cigs in a jar and in a couple years he was able to buy a vehicle. It adds up fast.

Congratatulations to everyone who has quit!!!!!!!!!! I quit 18+ years ago and never regreted it. This year I traveled to see my son get married in Hawaii on Jan 8 and paid for our golf membership with the extra money. Last fall my wife quit, using Chantix, now we can afford to have more fun!!!! Smoking costs too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The best part is to live and to see your children grow old, to have children, and take your grand children fishing and watch them grow!!!!!!!!!!With all that I've had a very good life. Now to survive my two daughters and their antics. My phylosphy is ( keep the bat close and always say NO )

thanks guys, have you gone to sportsmans warehouse yet? the one i know of is at hwy 94 and woodbury drive. next to sams club. when you see the fishing section the Angels sing kinda loud, so plug your ears. eek.gif. really awsome. they never advertise so they can keep prices lower. they rely on word of mouth. ;\) tell evryone, we don't want them to go out of business.