Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wheels26

Rice Lake crappies

6 posts in this topic

First time on the forum.

I've been out 3 - 4 times to the crappie bed and always picked a few decent size crappies from a lot of small ones. Also hit an 11 1/2 in off the point across from Fisher's Resort. Anyone else? Seems like they are very finicky and liked pink glow vs other colors. The smaller the jig and minnow the better. Agreed?

Heading out tomorrow and Sunday. Anyone getting anything after dark?

Thanks

First off welcome to the site. Rice lake has a strong year class of 6-7 inch crappies in it right now. A good outlook for the future of this system. There definately are some bigger fish to be had but you will have to move around alot and look for the bigger fish. As far as a evening bite I have caught some of my bigger crappies later in the evening on this lake. Years ago there were some brute white crappies in this lake but fishing pressure has depleted most of them, but occassionally you still run across one.

Thanks for the info.

Still a lot of small crappies. Looked like there were less houses near the crappie bed than in weeks past. Couple fishing the point.

Quite a few eyes being picked up off the North Access.

Were you able to see if there were any house our groups on the S end of the lake?

Couple permanent houses straight across from Fishers (point).

I didn't get over to the accesses to check them out. Just out to the crappie bed.

Any walleye's being caught?