• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FOB...

Deitz Dittrich

Do any of our memebers shoot FOB's?... I have seen them touted as the next best thing since the string... almost have me ordring a set just to try them out. But was wondering if any of our FM faithfull hvae tried them yet?

DD,

I ordered them and couldn't make them work with my set up. If you let me know which ones you need, I'll happily send you mine if you are going to get the same ones I purchased. They wouldn't work for me because I couldn't get clearance from my cable with them. I contacted the company and talked with them about possible solutions, but struck out. They were really helpful and would have bought them back when I couldn't get a solution, but I ended up forgetting about it and never did send them in.

Anyway, which ones would you need for your arrows? If they match up, I'll ship mine off to you.

Deitz, I have some Fobs and have played around with them quite a bit. At first I had a difficult time getting any accuracy until I realized that my anchor needed to be adjusted. With some minor adjustments, my groups tightened right up. That said, I still hunted with vanes this last season as I hadn't used the fobs enough to be completely comfortable with them in the field. Sure do like the idea of no more fletching arrows. I think where they really shine is on longer shots in windy conditions. There seems to be a lot less drifting.

Can you guys explain FOBs to me? I guess I'm out of the loop on this. Thanks!

Tunrevir~

FOB stands for "fletching only better". Do a search for starflight dot you know what. A guy by the name Paul Morris (I believe) invented it. It's basically an air foil that slips onto the back of an arrow instead of using fletching. You need to use a drop away rest and it gives very good flight, especially with broadheads.

I just checked them out (its starrflight by the way with two R's). Look goofy and cheap in the pictures. But kind of cool...

I'm going to give them a "shot"... I'll let you all know what I think after I have had a chance to try them.. I am a little worried about them messin up my anchor point, and I dont think they will be any good for shooting groups. LOL... as I bet they would be easy to mess up in a hurry. People also complain about noise.. I'm always fidgting with something with my bow.. why not fletching.. LOL

DD,

I went to the bowclub last night to get them, only to find out that the locks had been rekeyed. I wasn't at our last monthly meeting, so I don't have my new key. I'll meet my brother up there tonight or tomorrow to get my new key. Patience...

A couple things I've seen with them (and heard over and over about them): 1) don't shoot a one spot with them. They're definitely going to break if you try shoot groups. 2) some people have to change their anchor point with them. 3) If you go in front of the arrow and listen to them vs. regular fletching, there's no additional noise. If you listen from behind, you can hear a noise from them. I've never tested this, but I hear it over and over. You'll have to be the judge, but I suggest you test it out from a safe location that is not behind the bow.

I have some FOBs and they seem to work OK, they do not seem more accurate than Blazers. I have not had a chance to shoot long range, in windy conditions, or with fixed blade broadheads which is where they are suppose to be better. It is hard not being able to shoot groups with them, I broke one the first time I tried them. When the weather warms up I will get out and experiment with them and let you know how they work.