Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steeplechaser2

How late in March is too late in a typical year???

8 posts in this topic

I'd love to rent a house Easter Week, but am concerned that most rentals may be off and outta there....how late do the resorts keep their houses out? Kelly and Jon, what's your Estimated Time of Departure from the hard water? March 21-28???

This year might be tougher with the amount of ice on there now? We usually go up the last weekend in March but don't think that'll happen this year.Last year, due to conflicting schedules, we had to reschedule from the last week to 3rd week in March. It was lucky we did because that Sunday when we left resort owners had/and were in the process of moving all permanents of the ice,(Fast!). The lake/ice was was getting pretty bad. That was the 25th of March. The trip would have never happened if planned for the next week. So this year with Easter & all I think we'll be safe booking the 2nd week? Good Luck yourself

I think URL ice fishing will last til the end of March or first week of April. The latest I fished was April 2nd but I've heard people going out late as April 12-15.

Only time will tell.

i been out there in the iddle of april before.that was about 3 yrs ago and fishing was awesome.we took our 4 wheelers out.

One year we went until 4-8 but we had 3 times more ice then right now. This could be a short year. \:\(

I was out April 7th one year, I think it was 05 but I'm not sure?

This year is gonna be tuff for late ice. The season started out really good but right after the ice froze up it snowed and snowed. Insulation factor of the snow limited ice growth. I hope your able to make it out this year.

if nothing else wait til the ice is gone and hit the open water! always seem to have good sucess!