• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

URL Report, This Week

wild bill

Just returned from Kelly's, Patsy's and Jonny's house, out of Hillman's road. 4 days on the ice, 40-50 Eye's, kept limit, 6 crappies, 1 perch, 1-28" gator, Lost 2 rods to the URL gods, Lost 4 rods but recovered them all due to large gator, Jim got to witness that Circle [PoorWordUsage]. Had a Great Time, Thanks to All the Petrowske's. Don't miss the BBQ at Hillman's, GREAT FOOD

The boys from Illinois

Wicked 1, I would have to guess, the big gator snagged all 4 lines and pulled them down the hole. Not sure though, just a thought.

I can see that happening. Everyone huddled around the one hole and then you here splash x4 and everyone goes "DOH". Bummer bout the two lost ones but glad you were able to get two of them back.

when i ever i get a big 1 i yell reel up your lines.and boom tangle free.but there was this 1 time by buddy forgot about his camera cord and well he did get it back after he had to cut the cord.cause i knew i wasnt going to cut my line.it ended up tobe a 39 3/4 pike weighed 17 pounds.

The last two trips to Red, we,ve lost a rod each time. One, we got back. We also caught another rod that belonged to someone else. That lake does seem to eat more rods than normal. I think it's because we fish for long periods so we sleep in shifts and the sleeping guys are the ones that lose the rods.

Hello bill, you posting from home or a jail cell?????? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Next year we are moving you guys going away party to the first day you are here. I'm still dragging but that was some fun. sick.gif

Kelly, I know how you felt, I had to drive 700 miles the next day. all my so called friends could nap all the way home. Had a GREAT time, see you next year. Bill

Kelly had to drive 3 miles and probably felt the same as you!!! hehehehe

Been there done that up there!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck!

Ken

Less then 1 mile. Shallower then we have caught winter time crappies the past 5 years.

Well just got back from the pond. Stayed up there friday thru sunday evening. Really slow fishing, end up with five crappies and about thirty walleyes. Drill about a hundred holes and moved around. Thanks to John and Kelly for all the tremedous hospitality and moving us to a different location. Good night

Really slow fishing, end up with five crappies and about thirty walleyes. That's slow fishing, or were you being condesending?

No Asian Pro was not being a smart...

These are two anglers that I pay close attntion to, I may learn a few things.

When they fish they mean it. The sleeper house is just a place to store gear while they drill enough holes out in the wind to sink the lake.

When this guy says he caught 30 walleye that means he only averaged .15 walleye per hole.

Slow for them. They fish hard and are good at it. No sitting in the house staring at their bobbers for them. They are drilling and moving all day long and then all night long.

Originally Posted By: kelly-p
They fish hard and are good at it. No sitting in the house staring at their bobbers for them.

Hey Kelly - the group of 8 fished hard too. We just drank harder! The quake caused us to drink more.