Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Foss

Your typical Burntside laker (pic included)

6 posts in this topic

Hey all:

OK, it may not be quite typical, but this is a laker Surface Tension iced during last year's Bash. It's a 12-lber.

We'd somehow been able to escape the crush of HQ for a few hours, and we headed to a knife-edge main lake point that had huge boulders in 40 FOW surrounded by 65 to 100 FOW. I'd caught two 12-lbers there before, and had had a five fish day through the ice.

We spent three hours fishing there with almost nothing on the electronics. It was 2 p.m., and we knew we had to get back to HQ for the 3 p.m. drawing.

S.T. was in his portable about 40 feet from me, and we hollered and agreed to start wrapping it up. A few seconds later, after he'd dumped his minnow bucket and followed the bait column down with his lure, he got hit and told me to get my camera.

It was the biggest fish of the day. It was also this photo that earned Frank his best nickname ever. Flopsy. I tried for Smiley, but you can see from the pic why THAT one wouldn't fly. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Figured it was the appropriate post and pic for the 10,000-post milestone, considering how much time I spend on Burntside after lakers.

frank-laker.jpg

\:\) allright! thanks for posting that! grrrrrrr...i CANT WAIT!!

Great choice for your milestone post!

10,000! Congrats! And perfect timing considering your passions.

The Bash, Bside lakers, friends and photography.

Is it bad that I noticed his beard matched his hat before I even looked at the fish? grin.gif That's either sheer coincidence or excellent coordination!

Beautiful fish and appropriate post for 10,000. Way to go Steve and Frank! Have a great time at the Bash.

Congrats Steve on your 10,000 post!

marine_man