Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

FishOn!

Can anyone tell me if lucky seven bait shop in virginia has shiners? they are getting harder to find! thanks!

Steve Foss

FishOn, I don't know about them, but if you're figuring on getting bait for the bash, both the Ely bait stores mentioned in the other thread carry shiners.

FishOn!

ok. thanks. wasnt necessarily going to use them on burntside, but ill be fishing walleyes the rest of the weekend and shiners are getting tough to find. never fished for lakers, most of my fishing is done in the metro, and eveleth, so not alot of knowledge on what to use for them.

Steve Foss

FishOn, just give lucky 7 in Virginia a phone call and ask. I'm sure you can get their number from information.

FishOn!

Ill do that. or just wing it and get bait in ely if i have to. Hey stfcat, do you happen to know a friend of mine that goes by hovermn? havent talked to him in awhile, but i did today and hes on the way up now! HE SAID HE KNOWS ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THE SITE AND HAS FRIENDS IN ELY, (oops!) just curious.

Steve Foss

Getting bait at those bait stores in Ely will do you fine if you don't want to stop in Virginia. They both have the different types of bait you need, and if you ask them they'll each tell you which to use. And they're Bash supporters.

I clearly remember hovermn's handle but can't recall whether I've met him in person or not. Sorry 'bout that, both to you and hovermn.

Northlander

Stop on the way and see. If they dont your only out 5 minutes but use it as a potty break and no worries. Then just get bait in Ely.

Although, now that Im thinking about it, both Ely shops donated prizes for the Bash so we should support them.

Sorry if I confused you. Heck Im confused. I may have to take some sleeping pills toonight to get any sleep. I always get pumped before a fishing trip or tourney and cant sleep.

FishOn!

No sweat stf! just figured id ask to see if we had a friend in common! And northlander, Im the same way! I fish very often around home, but i was meant to be an up north man! so when ive got plans to get up there, sleep is difficult. how long of a drive do you have to get there?

Steve Foss

In Superior, Steve's about 2.5 hours from the Van Vac landing. Um, unless he can get that Ford of his to surpass the speed limit. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I don't have to drive anywhere but a half dozen miles to Burntside, but it doesn't seem to matter how long the drive is. When it's lakers and you got the fever, sleep comes HARD!

Jim Almquist

FishOn! you are maybe a 60 to 70 min. away depending on how fast you drive.

Steve Foss

Um, FishOn's locale shows Apple Valley but he's mentioned being in Eveleth. Jim's dead on if you're coming from Eveleth. Where you actually coming from, FO? confused.gif

FishOn!

Cool thanks stf and jim. I wondered how far it would be for n.lander, but im glad to know my trip time too because i havent been up there. going to be 3 1/2 hour trip from home to eveleth, then another hour the next morning, but i can already tell...well worth the drive! and stfcat, Im so jealous! what a great spot to live! After i see it ill be even more jealous im sure!!

FishOn!

Apple valley. south metro area. and yes. ill be in eveleth fri. b-side sat morn!

Steve Foss

Cool. Unless you want to get bait in Virginia, you can add the few extra miles and come into Ely for bait and then go back a short distance to catch the turn for Burntside. By buying your bait at one of the two ely businesses mentioned in the other thread, you'll be supporting the businesses who have been good supporters of the Bash.