Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishOn!

lucky seven bait

14 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me if lucky seven bait shop in virginia has shiners? they are getting harder to find! thanks!

FishOn, I don't know about them, but if you're figuring on getting bait for the bash, both the Ely bait stores mentioned in the other thread carry shiners.

ok. thanks. wasnt necessarily going to use them on burntside, but ill be fishing walleyes the rest of the weekend and shiners are getting tough to find. never fished for lakers, most of my fishing is done in the metro, and eveleth, so not alot of knowledge on what to use for them.

FishOn, just give lucky 7 in Virginia a phone call and ask. I'm sure you can get their number from information.

Ill do that. or just wing it and get bait in ely if i have to. Hey stfcat, do you happen to know a friend of mine that goes by hovermn? havent talked to him in awhile, but i did today and hes on the way up now! HE SAID HE KNOWS ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THE SITE AND HAS FRIENDS IN ELY, (oops!) just curious.

Getting bait at those bait stores in Ely will do you fine if you don't want to stop in Virginia. They both have the different types of bait you need, and if you ask them they'll each tell you which to use. And they're Bash supporters.

I clearly remember hovermn's handle but can't recall whether I've met him in person or not. Sorry 'bout that, both to you and hovermn.

Stop on the way and see. If they dont your only out 5 minutes but use it as a potty break and no worries. Then just get bait in Ely.

Although, now that Im thinking about it, both Ely shops donated prizes for the Bash so we should support them.

Sorry if I confused you. Heck Im confused. I may have to take some sleeping pills toonight to get any sleep. I always get pumped before a fishing trip or tourney and cant sleep.

No sweat stf! just figured id ask to see if we had a friend in common! And northlander, Im the same way! I fish very often around home, but i was meant to be an up north man! so when ive got plans to get up there, sleep is difficult. how long of a drive do you have to get there?

In Superior, Steve's about 2.5 hours from the Van Vac landing. Um, unless he can get that Ford of his to surpass the speed limit. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I don't have to drive anywhere but a half dozen miles to Burntside, but it doesn't seem to matter how long the drive is. When it's lakers and you got the fever, sleep comes HARD!

FishOn! you are maybe a 60 to 70 min. away depending on how fast you drive.

Um, FishOn's locale shows Apple Valley but he's mentioned being in Eveleth. Jim's dead on if you're coming from Eveleth. Where you actually coming from, FO? confused.gif

Cool thanks stf and jim. I wondered how far it would be for n.lander, but im glad to know my trip time too because i havent been up there. going to be 3 1/2 hour trip from home to eveleth, then another hour the next morning, but i can already tell...well worth the drive! and stfcat, Im so jealous! what a great spot to live! After i see it ill be even more jealous im sure!!

Apple valley. south metro area. and yes. ill be in eveleth fri. b-side sat morn!

Cool. Unless you want to get bait in Virginia, you can add the few extra miles and come into Ely for bait and then go back a short distance to catch the turn for Burntside. By buying your bait at one of the two ely businesses mentioned in the other thread, you'll be supporting the businesses who have been good supporters of the Bash.