Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TiNK3R

Piersons Lake?

10 posts in this topic

I'm going out there tomorrow as I heard there was a nice pike population. Can anyone confirm this? I plan on driving to the tip of the "point" on the lake.

Has anyone driven on there? I've yet to drive on ice so I'm really paranoid. If anyone can give some info on that, I'd be greatly appreciative!

Thanks,

Tink

tink, im not familiar with that lake, but from experience, id say drive where there is an obvious vehicle path and youll be fine! Dont drive on uncharted areas, and if you want to fish away from a crowd, park and then hike off the beaten path!

Thanks. I'm going out tomorrow so I hope someone with some familiarity with the lake will chime in!! \:D

Ice fished it once last year, goose-egg. I have summer fished it in the past and have had mixed success--some very good days and days I couldn't buy a strike. (Kinda like my fishing luck on any lake ;\) ) Also a chance at a tiger muskie there. I would be interested to hear how you do, I have been thinking about giving it a try again this year.

Its a decent bass and northern fishery, not doesn't have the best pannies around.

I grew up on that lake- you won't find "roads" out there, and very few fish it in the winter- if at all. There are 3 points on the lake, one on the NW shore-with a sharp breakline- one just west of the access and (probably the one you're referring to) a point jutting out from the mud bay on the SE side of the lake.

For slimers, the point on your east side is the ticket, so is the distinct weedline covering the entire west side of the lake. Also try out from the reed bed - at the access head east along the south shore and set up along the deeper weeds.

The point to the east has a trough/inside turn that is pretty money, but you may have to punch a lot of holes to find it.

It is a great pike lake for numbers, and occassionally something surprising comes out- I caught my personal metro best a 42" pike out of there 4 years ago- probably a once in a lifetime fish given the water. I have spent countless hours out there and was finally rewarded. Please let the big girls back to keep the fishery in check, good luck.

Skunked. Only thing biting was a couple perch. Maybe another day :`(

Bump, anyone been out here?

Hey Tink, I was out last Sunday in January. Bounced around from 10 FOW to 30+ FOW. All I could manage were 3-5 inch perch. Approx 4-5 rigs were fishing the neckdown area of the SE bay. I didn't wedge myself in there for courtesy's sake, but in summer there is a pretty defined weedline if I recall correctly.

Going out there this weekend, I hope to get some pike!

Any luck??