Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tipup101

Cascade Lake

14 posts in this topic

Anyone heard when this lake is going to open up to the puplic. I heard the park opening is gonna get pushed back to 2009. It was suppose to be this summer. I hope the stock it with more than panfish and bass. We need a northen lake or some wallyes. Why not start with this lake. If you're wondering what lake this is. Its right next to 52 and 14 west.

According to the City of Rochester website, it's still slated for Fall 2008 for completion. They've got a lot of work to do if that's the case.

All I know is that it will be a nice addition to the other fishing options we have. I am looking forward to it.

I was talking to a buddy who lives out that way and he was pumped about having a fishing hole that was closer to home. He also mentioned that "they" had redesigned the lake last year. Instead of one gigantic lake "they" decided to break it up into smaller bodies of water. This redesigning of the lake is what has pushed back the completion date; according to my buddy.

I live in Kasson so having something a little closer to the homefront would be nice for me and my 4 yr old son to take advantage of. Can't wait to see it completed

I hadn't heard about the lakes being left seperate. The last I had heard was that they were going to open it up into one large lake. But that may have changed, I don't know for sure.

They split the lakes in two for clearer water. Someone hinted to me that we might have another trout lake. I don't know how people would feel about that.

Redbeard you ever fish that pond out by Clarmont. I live in kasson also but haven't made it out there. I've heard some things about it though.

tipup..which one you talking about? the dnr pond over there? it is on the back side of pheasants forever...

Originally Posted By: Tipup101
They split the lakes in two for clearer water. Someone hinted to me that we might have another trout lake. I don't know how people would feel about that.

I personally would rather see it stocked with other gamefish, like walleye and pike or somethin along those lines.

tipup101 if your talking about marigolds dnr pond, with the pheasant land all around it, there are alot of sunnies some with some good size but i'll never eat anything out of there yuck. the gravel pits by claremont hav produces more bass than anything else, i still make my 30 min drive to faribault, or waseca.

No this is called Naylor pond. between dodge center and claemont.

i think its the same pond it it a south of west concord inbetween dc and claremont

Hey Tipup101

No I haven't been out to Naylor Pond. I was meaning to trip out there this last pheasant season and scout it out but never got a chance too. I heard to that they have a decent amount of panfish out there, but I also think I heard that this last summer or fall that the DNR was planning on doing/or has done a drain down on that pond. Seem to recall that being in one their weekly email newsletters. Do a search on the DNR website and see if my memory is playing tricks on me. If the pond has been drained down then I seriously doubt that their would be a lot of action on Naylor...

R Dawg, thanks for the weblink...I knew I say a briefing of the project online, but thought I read it on the KTTC site.