Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roughneck17SC

Friday thru Sunday

27 posts in this topic

The time has finally arrived to leave the "standard" fishing and head to URL for some 'eyes and slabs. I can no longer stands the 1-3 fish every 24 hours.

If anyone sees the white garage door wheel house, feel free to stop in for a brew or for some [PoorWordUsage].

The vehicle will either be a Maroon 3/4 ton Supercrew long box Dodge with a topper (about the size of a limo) or a Dark Green Supercrew F-150.

We will be out of Hillmans and that is as much as we have decided.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

Did you build your wheel house? I also built one with steel ins. garage doors. Nice, easy to heat.just though i'd ack.Thanks,Wes

We have now constructed 2 of our own and 2 other people have "borrowed" our design.

Our first wheel house was out of 3" doors but the rest have been 2". Same for warmth though.

Yeah good times, one of the best ideas we have ever had.

How many panels does it take? can't imagine it would be cheap that way.

I used 4 panels for mine they were 22" each.2" thick. This is the 3rd one we built. Mine is 17' to the V the 5'to the frount making it 22".We got the doors in Onamia but that palce went ont of busines

Yeah, finding the doors is the tough part. Cheap anyway....

Our first build was 74" wide and 14' plus a V front and the other is 78" wide and 15' plus a V front.

Wouldn't mind building one a year if I could get the doors....

I like the 15' plus V front the most. Keeps the single wheels outside the frame and allows enough room inside. The best part is the pullout bed mounted in the rear. Plenty of sleepy room

I know of a house built from gagrage door panels and it works pretty slick, the fellow that built also said the same thing,"if you could just find enough old doors".

The doors I got were new. They came from Chicago some had little dents in them. They made use sign a form saying we wouldn't use them for garage doors.

I'd like to see a pic of these. Could someone post one that knows how to do it??

If you email me I can email you some. elliswes@msn.com

Ihave also seen these type of houses before. Very interested in how they are constructed. could you send me some pics also? mikeg2clearwire.net

whoops!!! Forgot to hit shift. mikeg@clearwire.net

I would like to see some pics also if possible. jlahood1@msn.com

Thanks

I would also like some pictures if possible. gebeclh@hotmail.com

Thanks

I will be sure to throw in my digital camera for the Feb. 8th trip. For some reason we have no pics of the house itself, only a piece of it occasionally on the "good Fishing" trips to Red.

Speaking of "good weekends" on URL, the past weekend was not one of them. We did manage to take home 2 slot 'eyes (16" and 16 1/2"), a 14 1/2" slab and a jumbo perch. The walleye bite was unusually slow which made finding "slot" 'eyes tough so find. We caught probably a dozen or so that were too big and 5 that were about 8-10". The walleye bite did pick up Early Sunday morning though. From 3-6am I was up probably 10 times. We left at 8 that morning but did not have a bite after 6.

It wasn't a bad weekend, I guess, we are just spoiled from the unbelieveable fishing (crappie and 'eyes) the past 2 years.

The "quake" on Saturday was the highlight of the weekend.

Got a small window to fish up there this weekend, and took it. Was a nice day Saturday, arrived at 10:30am and fished until 9pm. 2 portables, 4 guys. Went out of Agassiz's, stopped and talked to the dude behind the counter there, got a road pass and the info that "Last week they were killing them walleyes at the center bar, seems to have slowed down now" eek.gif Of course. So, we traveled out to the center bar, found a spot amongst the other sheeple, and fished for 2 hours. 1 17 1/8" walleye. Didn't mark or see anything else (flasher & camera) So we made a move. We fished about a mile back toward shore next to the breaker, and no one within 1/2 mile from us. The house I was in, we started catching fish about 4:00, and it went pretty steady until 7:00 when we told the other guys who were fishing further away from the breaker to come over by us and get into some of the fun. Not smart. Auger fired up, fish went bye bye. 5 keepers, all from our house, 9 total. One nice perch. Had to leave Sun morning early, so that was it. Can't wait to get back up in the end of February...

i would love to see some pic also mnhunter3815@yahoo.com

If you aren't too bombarded with pic requests.............deepblueagua@yahoo.com

Sorry, I didn't mean to start that!!! I thought maybe someone had a pic they could post on here real quick. \:\)

GoggleEye

Would one of you guys who got pics post em up for the rest of us?!?! \:\) Thanks.

Roughneck - I'll be up Thur. - Sun. Driving a tan Chev. Tahoe, have a white wheelhouse and also going out of Hillmans. Feel free to stop by

i would also like to see one of these garage door fish houses, if anyone has any pics, post them on here or send me an email with them. bball341@comcast.net thanks.

Here are the pictures of Wes's fishhouse.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Whats that rig run for?

This is the fish house that was made out of garage doors.