Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snatcher20

Burntside Laker Timing

5 posts in this topic

So if you could only fish Burntside one weekend between now and the close of the season, which I believe is 3/16, would you go in Feb, or one of the last two weekends it's open in March? When are the peaks and lulls of the winter laker season?

Trying to coordinate a trip with multiple schedules to a buddies cabin in Ely.

Thanks!

Every day is a potential peak.

Every day is a potential lull.

Throw a dart at the calendar!! \:\)

PS-Make sure the weather is good on the day the dart picks.

On balance, I've had my best luck the first three or four weeks of the season on Bside, but G.O. is right, too. If you can't get up for the first part of the season, there's still good fishing to be had, and it only takes a couple nice fish on the ice to make it a great laker day. That can happen on any given day of the season.

The last couple weekends of the season can be the most fun, however, because if you get one of those nice warm sunny March days in the 40s or 50s, it's a blast drilling 30 holes and hole hopping all day in the sun.

Thanks for the quick responses. Assuming normal weather conditions, driving is still an option on Burntside come mid-March?

Driving in March depends a lot on snow. Very little snow on the ice now, but March is of course a ways out.