Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fisherdog19

My first sled :)

8 posts in this topic

I just picked up my first sled, a Cat T660 touring. I was surprised when they told me it had remote start and heated seats, but I didn't complain \:\) Anyways, for those of you that have or have had sleds before, please give me your solicited advise on small things I may over look. I also am in need of a trailer but am torn between a 2 or 1 sled model. Dead says only go 2, but I have limited space to store it and don't need the extra trailer space as my portables are always locked up in the back of my truck that has a topper. Hit my with advise!

Congrats!

what ever trailer you get make sure you get a salt sheild!!

Congrats on the sled.

Too bad it is a Kitty. ;\)

As far as the trailer -- It is an easy call. Get a 2-place trailer if you can. It will be helpful many times in many, unforseen ways. Hauling dirt, rock, etc. Maybe a buddy gets a sled but does not have a trailer.

Maybe Mr.s F-Dog would like a sled sometime?

I would get an alum. one as well -- Salt shield is good too it is crazy how much they can help.

Make sure you buy a cover and after a salty trailering wash your sled and trailer asap....A buddy of mine got a brand new Pantera a couple years ago w/no cover...A salty Canadian trip later and no bath...RUSTED everything..Don't even consider a single trailer...

Hey [PoorWordUsage] --

You are right on the money. If you go to Canada -- you really need the salt shield. Plus if you are going on a long trip you can have more room for gear if you put the portable on the trailer.

Poor word usage? His name is Jerkin --

These computers think they are too smart.

Remember the Terminator?

Nuff said. eek.gif

What's wrong with a Cat confused.gif Polaris, Yamaha, whatever, I'm not into what brand it is, just how it will fit my needs. I got a steal on a new sled and the Cat 2 up has the best utility for ice fishing as far as snowmobiles go in a 4 stroke model cause I looked at all of them. Hit, do you run smolaris \:o , just giving you a hard time.

If I go 2 place trailer I will get one that has drive off ramps that fold up into salt shields. With all of my gear in my truck it might be hard to unload from the truck bed onto the trailer if I have a salt shield on a 1 place trailer. Is the shield necessary; I see them all the time with no shields. I did get a cover so I'm set there.

fisherdog, don't listen to hit, his pooh-laris has been on a stretcher for most of the season :P

get a salt shield. even with a cover, you'll still get salt up on the sled. look at the front of my salt shield if you want to see how much crud gets kicked up on to the trailer.