Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Team Salmo

Any local lakes hot??

Team Salmo

I was just wondering if any lakes are doing well?

dodge guy

round lake is all i now of they all have been slowing down

muc33

dodge guy, when was the last time you fished Round? I can give you 8 houses that have more than struggled in the last week.

123fish

Had a buddy get three off of Round Saturday evening. He had the Marcum and was jigging about an inch off the bottom. He could see the fish come in and raised his jig about six inches and could get them to hit. The other guys with him caught nothing. They can be had but it's got a lot tougher.

Team Otter

Is it worth the trip this weekend?

muc33

Not sure, can't figure this one out, if it's weather, or what. From 15 below to 35 in 2 days now back to strong winds and snow today.... your guess is as good as mine. I am home with bronchitis right now, gotta love getting sick spending so much time in a hospital! but I have a couple guys out there pretty contstant I will get the low down and let you know.

Eric Wettschreck

CC and TO, my e-mail is in my profile. Drop me a line fellas.

muc33

Dude, you have mail!

Eric Wettschreck

I can see both the weather and just the flat out fishing pressure having it's effect on Round. Let's face it, it's a fairly amazing fishery, especially for it's location. (southern MN)

It's been getting fished hard, and producing, for well over 2 years now. It's bound to slow down eventually.

Sick is a drag. I was fairly ill last weekend. Between work and shots of the cruddy bug I still managed to get some ice time.

muc33

you are absolutley correct. this is the 3rd year of hard pressure she took. not to mention the open water pressure too, you should see that mudhole on opener!!!!

She has been fun, but like you said the fun can end too. who knows?

The sick thing sucks for sure. I though I skated by it when the rest of the family was sick, but NOPE, whammmo, my throat glands feel like they are the same size as my waist!!!!!!!!!! yikes!

Team Salmo

Yea thats what I figured... I was planning on heading out to Round, but people say it's slowed way down. So I really don't know if its worth 2 hrs.

dodge guy

jigging a inch off the bottem is were we are hiting them at

Team Otter

My daughter is sick too. My wife's turn today and perhaps mine tomorrow if she doesn't re-direct "the storm". Seems to be a lot of illness floating around...

It's not that I don't want to make the trek but I want to be sure it won't be frustrating for everyone involved.

PerchPounder

Originally Posted By: Team Otter
It's not that I don't want to make the trek but I want to be sure it won't be frustrating for everyone involved.

I was sick yesterday so hopefully thats all for me and if the walleyes arent biting I think I can find a few crappies and gills if youre interested.

overnightwalleye

Heard from a fishing friend that was on East Grahm and caught several small walleyes nothing worth keeping. It was on 01-26-2008 in the evening.

outdoorkid15

HOLY COW we were on the west side of Lake Shetek the other day and I have never seen better fishing...By the end of the day we had our limit of Crappie and Walleye for two guys. Our biggest crappie was a 15 and our walleye was a 20. I strongly suggest hitting that spot up.

Eric Wettschreck

Hi outdoorkid. Welcome to FM!!!

I haven't fished Shetek in a while but I've heard through the grape vine the crappie bite was on.

Were you on the north side of the lake? Seems that's where I've heard of most of the action.

outdoorkid15

We were like Northwest side in between a little bit. The walleye was better than crappie. Small Glow lures with really small minnows were workin well. We had an absolutly huge walleye come right up to the fish cam

icenads

Thanks for the tip outdoor kid. Im heading there tuesday to meet some guys from work that live around there. Hope the bite is still on then!

outdoorkid15

Ya no problem just tryin to help out a fellow fisherman...tell me how the bite is this when you are done.

outdoorkid15

So where is everyone goin to be this weekend...ill be on shetek...

bsrbud

northwest corner of round lake

outdoorkid15

howd that work out for you