• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild Trade Rumors

maros91

Originally Posted By: Skeets
You guys sure do alot of bitching about trade rumors. mad.gif

Maybe they just want to win with the guys we allready got.

As stated above, "you can't buy a cup", you have to earn it.

who's saying anything about "buying" it. how about simply adding a piece to the puzzle that we've been missing for years now? the team is in position to make a real decent run and they sit on their hands. look at what the recent skid has done, just the other day 1st place and looking good, all of a sudden 2nd place in the division and a mere 4 pts from being out of the playoffs.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maros91

• walleyes12

• 8-Ball

• 9joey1

I don't think anyone is so called "bitching" but were optimistic that wild would add a player to help the current players we have now. Lets face it, the Wild are short a good offensive center. I don't think anyone is saying they are going to quite supporting the wild. Its just a little dissapointing, and "us" fans will get over it and support the team to the end! I hope they can rally as a team and go far into the playoffs, we have to wait and see!

they should of added a player or 2 to help them out, especially like you you said and offensive center would of been nice. The way the other teams added players yesterday its going to be a fight to the finish to even make the playoff's. A nice addition would of been Federov, could of gotten him cheap for the rest of the year, just frustrating that they didn't do anything. Will be interesting how the rest of the season turns out.

Exactly. They were on a roll, feeling good, Forsberg rumors were swirling. Look at their record since they found out Forsberg wasn't coming. It is the same situation as the Twins. We don't trade our draft picks and young players. You need to take a chance and go for it once in awhile. Wouldn't you rather have a chance at a Stanley cup or World series than always just being a player or two away? The players aren't stupid. They are probably just as frustrated as some of the fans. They needed to do something and they didn't. They have many players that are going to be free agents in the next few years. This was the time to reward their fans and they did nothing. Those of you that are loyal that is great. I am just saying they had a chance to do something special and they did not. They sell out every night, are in the top in league merchandise, and they did nothing. Minnesota sports teams are brutal right now and they had a chance to really go on a run. Too bad.....

Maybe they just want to win with the guys we allready got.

As stated above, "you can't buy a cup", you have to earn it.

I know, they are in a slump right now, but they will bounce back.

And if they don't, I will still be a big fan and a supporter.

Any of you season ticket holders that gave up on the team, I will take your tickets for free! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

GO WILD!!!!!

Well then maybe they should WIN a few with the guys they have instead of play like they have been for the last month. If these are the guys to get us to the cup then they need to start producing. They chemistry just wasn't there. The Caps played Brashear against Gaborik and Demitra several times and they still lost the game

Originally Posted By: yakfisher

Well then maybe they should WIN then.

Then maybe everyone will be happy. sheeeesh

If they win....."Oh boy they played good"

If they lose....."They were off their game" or "What a poor showing" or "The Wild played terrible"

There are times, believe it or not, that the Wild play well and still lose. Also they can play poorly and win.

Don't get me wrong. Winning is winning and that's what matters.

Originally Posted By: NAPAFISH
I think that JL and DR know a lot more about hockey than any of the 2nd guessers on here.

I hope you are right about that, but it is obvious that something is missing from the team. Something that is keeping them from being a strong finisher. Maybe this year isn't the Wild's year it would just be nice to see them spend a little more of the gate on a piece to the puzzle that will allow the team to finish strong. We are all fans and I don't think any of us are going to quit rooting for the Wild, we just want to be rooting for them in June when the Twins are fighting their way out of the cellar and the Vikings are bailing another player out of jail.

Originally Posted By: Roofer
 Originally Posted By: yakfisher

Well then maybe they should WIN then.

Then maybe everyone will be happy. sheeeesh

If they win....."Oh boy they played good"

If they lose....."They were off their game" or "What a poor showing" or "The Wild played terrible"

There are times, believe it or not, that the Wild play well and still lose. Also they can play poorly and win.

Don't get me wrong. Winning is winning and that's what matters.

I agree 100% with your statement.

Tonight, they played a good game, not a great game, and found a way to win, barely!

I really wish Gabby could of scored on his breakaways! \:D

Quote:
Yea I think he comes in to fast once he gets the separation. He needs to slow down so he can give the goalie a shoulder shake or a deak.

heck, Gabby never dekes...he always goes for the snipe as hes is a sniper. He's no crosby!

Originally Posted By: NAPAFISH
I think that JL and DR know a lot more about hockey than any of the 2nd guessers on here.

Well, what do the professors have to say about the game last night? hehe ;\)confused.gifconfused.gif

They had to fight to win the game last night, nice to see a win in regulation since Feb 2nd, hope they can keep it up.

Anyone see the comment in the paper about the Wild GM regarding the Simon trade??

In one day -- Tuesday, the NHL trading deadline -- General Manager Doug Risebrough kneecapped the Wild with the two worst decisions in team history. One -- the acquisition of Chris Simon -- was embarrassing. The other -- failing to markedly improve a team begging for help, a team that might have a small window of opportunity to win a Stanley Cup in a balanced league -- was the continuation of a status quo that allows the Wild to sell tickets but not challenge for championships.

Couldn't of said it better...

Another good but tough win for the wild tonight!! They take 2 out of 3 on the road, couldn't ask for anymore! I think the trade talks are behind the team and hopefully everyone can focus on the future. The next week or two they play very beatable teams.

I didn't catch the game until the 3rd and it looked like is was another hang on till the end. I wish they would not do this anymore. A win is a win and I'll take it.

The wild actually dominated the first two periods, it didn't even look like the Panthers wanted to be there. Then The Third we got into penalty trouble and let them back into the game! Your right, we got close the door on teams and not let them get close