• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild Trade Rumors

maros91

The trade deadline is 4 weeks away and I read about a rumor that the Wild was trying to land Olli Jokinen of the Florida Panthers. I would love to see him come here but I highly doubt that the Panthers would trade their captain. Anyone else here any rumors? Or what would you like to see the Wild do, stand pat, be buyers, or be sellers? And who would you like to see the Wild trade off of their current roster?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maros91

• walleyes12

• 8-Ball

• 9joey1

That would be great pick up, Solid player that would add some more toughness to our lineup! I would like to see them get rid of Bronko and maybe skula

As much as I like the guy they should trade Rolston also, his contract expires after this year. They have other youger players they need to sign instead of keeping this aging guy.

I disagree with the trading of Rolston. He is one of your core players and if you are going to make a run in the playoffs he needs to be on your team. The Wild should be buyers at the deadline and it should be fun to see if they make a "big" move. Players I would like to see dealt are: Branko, Skoula, Johnnson(although he has been playing better lately, plus he has a huge contract so nobody would want him) and Boogaard (he makes to much only to fight and play about 4 minutes a night)

They defintely need to add some toughness to the team. It gets old watching other teams beat up on us night after night! What they need is another physical player on D who isn't afraid to put someone HARD into the boards. Made me sick watching Bertuzzi score and knee our goalie at the same time while the D just skate around like patsies. I do like Burns, wish he would pick up the hitting a bit. So if we trade, please no more Euros that can't play tough. ole

I saw that Rob Blake could be available that would be an interesting pick up. I would love to see skoula gone I get nervous anytime he handles the puck in our zone, He skates with one hand on his stick and just tries to slap the puck up to the wingers and it never works.

I don't know about trading Rolston, but I would bet that he isn't here next year along with Demitra. I say dump them both and go after Marian Hossa. That would be nice.

That would be nice if we could land a player like that. I am sure Rolston will not be resigned by the Wild due to his age, same as Demitra so you might as well get something for him. Draft picks, players anything.

skula is horried, his plus minus I think is the worst on team. package him with bronko and a couple minor leaguers for a top player. It worked for the Mets.

LOL

The way MN sports are going I wouldn't be surprised to see the wild trade Gaborik for a few prospects

"Gaborik being traded"

What a sad day that would be... He's about the only big name we have left in Minnesota (Ok ok, Adrian Peterson may get there.) But I think we should keep Rolston this year. Let next year be next year. He plays some good hockey and is a leader on the team IMO. Come playoff time I think we'll be glad he's still around!

Hey Al Jefferson isn't starting to look that bad and we got him locked up long term for cheap.

Gaborik....... Traded............Thats the day that the X does not sell out.. Gabby will be with the club for years no matter what it takes. Wild have one of the best, post season ready teams in the league. They will make a big impression soon in the playoffs. Did ya see the game tonight. Pretty impressive. Lord Stanley's Cup, Here we come!!!

just to clear it up I was cracking a joke at MN sports especially the last trade the twins made! I hope Gaborik is part of the MN Wild for along to come!

they said last night that the last 13 games Gabby has scored in we have won, so that shows his importence.

I like how the so called "experts" are talking about the Detroit,Anaheim,Dallas, San Jose, and Calgary's of the world and the Wild just keep winning and hanging on to first place. I think it will be neck and neck with Calgary to the end. The Wild need to make 2 trades to put them over the top. A big/tough scoring forward/center(Olli Jokinen, Marian Hossa) and a offensive minded Defenseman (Rob Blake). Burns is the only offensive D-man we have now. All the great teams have 2 or more. I know the Wild haven't made the big deadline deal in the past but if they land one of the three I mentioned that should almost get them there.

that is true, the other defensemen seem week, need to lay some people out if they go through the crease. Johanson and skula are panzies and nummulian should be a wing. Blake would be a good leader also.

Blake would look really good playing in front of the home crowd at the xcel! Especially during a playoff game!

Blake would look good. He has a "no trade clause" which he has to waive in order to get dealt plus he can pick the team he wants to go to .

I am thinking that the Wild will stick with what they have and make a playoff push with the crew on board now. I hope Rolston stays because he brings a lot more to the team than just his shot. I think he is a player that can help them succeed in the playoffs. Leadership is huge on this team. I don't see them picking up a Hossa, Jokkinen, or Blake. The state of MN hasn't dealt for a big name since Herschel Walker and given his production, there might be a good reason for that!

They have been great to watch lately and I am hoping that they can keep it up against the Red Wings and Stars next week (I hate that the Wild have such a tough time against Detroit!).

I would hate to see either Rolston or Demitra go, they bring the veteran leadership that the wild will need in order to make a good playoff run. If we get rid of Demitra whether it be at the trade deadline or the end of the season, you may be waiving goodbye to Gaborik as well. Either that or he's not going to be happy with his best bud no longer on the team. If it came down to Demitra or Rolson, I would have to pick Rolston to be the one to go.

I agree but Hossa would be a good friend to add with Gabby too, although unlikely they would make a great pair. I would hate to see Demitra go though, especially when he playes his best hockey in the second half!

Demitra and Rolston are not going anywhere. Why would you trade either of your top scorers when you are right in the mix of a division and conference race. I do believe the Wild will not re-sign either of these guys in the off-season.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the Senators and Carolina made a trade yesterday. Corvo and Eaves for Stillman and Commodore. Good trade for both squads. Maybe this will get the ball rolling for trades in the NHL. I also read online that the Wild made Peter Forsberg an offer. He would be nice to see in the red sweater.

No I don't. I do know that the Blackhawks and Flyers offered him a multi-year deal to him which is risky given his injury history and status. If I were a GM I would only offer him a deal that would be for this year only. The teams that are more desperate for him will offer more years and more money.

If the Wild trade to make a run for the Cup (the Cup, not just a second round playoff run) their first priority is a big, nasty center. With Toronto stinkin' up the joint, I believe Mats Sundin is a great pickup. He's never won a cup, and won't with the Leafs. If we have to dangle Radovojevich, Demitra, Parrish, or Belanger, so be it.

Everyone's looking for a puck carrying defenseman, but they're very expensive. Rob Blake might have enough tread on the tire to help us. He's big, mean, and is still effective on the power play.

I read today that the Wild may have the inside track on getting Peter Forsberg. Would be a big move for the Wild IF Forsberg is healthy.