Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icefisher4ever

Prescott

6 posts in this topic

I plan on fishing Prescott this weekend. Can anybody tell me how this fishing is out there and how the bite is?

I was out by Prescott Wednesday night from 5-7. Marked a few fish but caught nothing. I started on the north edge of the flat halfway between the MN shore and where the group of perms are in 17ft. Marked fish there and had a few fish follow up from the bottom, only to swim away. Moved up to 15ft and marked very few fish and I suspect most of those were small schools of bait fish. The next time I go out I will probably try the shoreline or out where most of the perms are setup. There were many vehicles out on the ice and some were out near where there was open water only a few weeks ago. They may not have been all that close but it was an area that I would never drive. Good luck and be safe!

thnx for the info i just plan on taking a fourwheeler with a portable. How thick was the ice does a guy need an extension or no?

The ice was around 16-18" where I checked. I will probably be down there on Friday afternoon/evening and again on Sunday. I have a Red Toyota Tundra and a Frabil shack, stop by and say hi if you see me.

WOW \:o thats alot of ice. Now is there anything special that the fish are bitting on like gold hooks or anything, and bait wise i am geussing that a guy would bring fatheads and maybe something alittle bigger for a tipup, or should i just go with fatheads for my hooks and tipups??

THANX Robbie

Hows the Fishin been? And where can you get access to the river? I have fished this section in the spring, but never ice fished it. But am looking to give it a try. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks