• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Northern flight hunting retrievers association

fisher

Is any one a member of Northern flight hunting retrievers association? Im thinking about joining. I looking to join a retriever club but dont know what one is best for me. I live in St. paul just want to hang around people with good dog. That have spent time training them and can give me advice about training my lad for trails. I also would like to volunteer in some thing that have to do with dogs and hunting. So if any of you are members of a club let me know what you think.

thanks

Jeff Krop

I used to be a member of that club. I used to do a lot of the hunt tests with my golden. Which were a lot of fun, at times frustrating however I think it was worth it. To me it was just about training oppourtunities and bonding time with my Golden. They meet once a week out at Kelley Farms in Hugo. Though I ended up getting a training membership out there of my own for $200 which I used quite a bit.

I personally felt the club was too political so I didn't stay a member long. There are many excellent members that really did help me with some training issues. And others that didn't. Overall it is a great asset to training your dog.

Overall it was a good experience.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Do you guys know of any clubs in So St Paul. I live in Inver Grove and would be intested in seeing what a retriever association is all about?

Lake Country Retriever club meets at the Horse and Hunt Club in Prior Lake..

A lot of East siders have been or / are memebers there.

Good Luck!

Ken

DRL1175

Though I ended up getting a training membership out there of my own for $200 which I used quite a bit.

how did you get this I cant find there website or any info on a training membership?

You will have to go out to the farm yourself. You can not do it online. They are right off of Manning Trl. just south of county rd 4 in the hugo/ st. croix.

DRH1175, What do you get for $200.00? That certainly seems like an awful lot. Most retriever clubs that would be a lifetime membership.

Thanks

Training passes and membership in Northern Flight (NFHRA) are two separate things. The training passes are through Kelley Farms - you'd want to talk to either Steve or Maury Grogan, they manage the farm. Membership in NFHRA includes Wednesday nights with the club at Kelley Farms from roughly April through the end of August depending on the weather. Northern Flight's website is http://www.nfhra.org and there is more information there on the club, training nights, hunt tests and other things we do. Hope that helps.

$200.00 to train at Kelly farms for the summer is way over priced.

Go join a local retriever club for $35.00 and train for 12 months with the use of dead birds the whole time.

GOOD LUCK with what ever choice you make.

Depends what kind of training your doing. Some of us want to work live birds....and lots of them. Only place to do that is a game farm or a place like Kelly Farms, or private land if you have access to that.

I can tell you a game farm is not any less (probably MUCH more) if you are getting out routinely and buying birds from them.

Originally Posted By: Marti05
Training passes and membership in Northern Flight (NFHRA) are two separate things. The training passes are through Kelley Farms - you'd want to talk to either Steve or Maury Grogan, they manage the farm.

do you know if they have a website or a phone #?

I would like to spend the $200 I think that would is a good deal!! If you can buy some bird from them at the same time!! If you could help me find info to talk to the it would be great.

email it to me at.

[email protected]

thanks Jeff Krop

sorry I found the #. this year it $250 but he don't know any live birds. what good is it. I can do the same thing at the dog park. I talked to the man he was nice and I would like to go see the place in March. 311hemi I still reading the training the pointing lad it s been vary helpful I just starting force fetch. I was hoping the kelly farms sold bird though that the best thing for a dog!!

krop

We shoot flyers every week at the retiever club plus we get the use of the dead birds that are in the freezer.

Can you buy birds at Kelley Farms?

If the answer is no then I would ask again, why would you spend $200.00 to train there?

duckbuster he told me they don't have birds there. I don't know why you would spent $200 or $250 like it is this year. maybe the retiever club had some or they were save for the club.