Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjburnt

tulibee

7 posts in this topic

I know leech and gull lakes had really big tullibee die offs this past summer, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened to mille lacs. I'm guessing because mille lacs is so shallow compared to those lakes that a marginal die off for them could be much more extreme to mille lacs given less depths to escape to. There's gotta be a few big ones left, I hope so anyway. Was thinking of going up there in march to get some perch and tullibees.

I have not caught one in a few years.I know people who have picked up few here and there.I was up this weekend and saw 3 or 4 Tullibee swimming around on the camera.It was a nice suprise one even tried to pick up my buck shot jig when I let it lay in the mud.

Try Tulibee hole on the south east side in March. I have heard good things about that area. I also ran into a few off of Seguchie last year. I also tried "no man's land" for perch and ran into a school of them. This was by Hunter's Point from 3 mile reef to the first mud flat.

this past november musky fishing we saw and caught a ton of tulibee when they were spawning. Every part of the lake.

My buddy snagged a tulibee that was about 16" long on a Bulldawg musky fishing in late November up there. I have personally never caught one on the lake, but there is a little lake just northwest of there were I have caught quite a few. How do you do them in the smoker? Something I have always wanted to try.