• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Economical RangeFinder

kingr

I've been looking at some ranger finders. 99% of the time will be in the woods for bow hunting. Are those $150 models adequate and reliable? I just want to make sure they last.

Thanks for the info

Used my 150.00 bushnell all year and I put in more days than the average hunter with no problems. Had to replace the battery once and that was in December. It's good out to about 150 maybe 200 yards. I also use it for target practice. It is great for bowhunters. Beats trying to guess with only the push of a button.

I think I paid $130 for the Bushnell I have. Its been great for bowhunting, although I havent tried it at longer yardages yet.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to hear that. The Bushnell is rangefinder I am looking at as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be curious about an economical rangefinder as well. I want to make it to CO or WY in the next 2-4 years for an elk hunt. What would someone recommend? If only they rented the dang things because I would only use it on the rare big game trip when I'm drawn and then it would be overpowered for the applications in most of MN.

Thoughts?

We just bought a Bushnell 1500 black from scheels yesterday for 399...one thing we were finding was make sure you know how far they will detect a deer because they are normaly half of your yardage on the finder. Each brand is differnt if your doing bow hunting I wouldn't recomend this one it is bulkier then some of the little ones but we like it because it's got the spot on the bottom for tripod.