• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

green lake crappie. caught a bunch of 10-12 inchers and this was the big one at 13. last thursday evening.

Surprisingly it was in only 6 or 7 fow! caught on small red bare hook and crappie minnows. Also got them on a northland forage minnow w/ crappie minnow.

Dang thats pretty shallow. You must know something everyone else doesn't. Nice catch.

Big crappies like the shallow water, a very overlooked area for ice fishing. Reading some of Matt Johnson's post about the shallow water bites has helped me a lot...All the big crappies I have gotten over the last year have been in shallow water, my house is in deep water now and I have been getting nothing over 11", will be moving back to shallow water this weekend.

Yeah i wouldnt have targeted crappies there probably, but a friends perm on green was mighty inviting with the cold air. thought we would only get northerns, but lots of crappies and bass! no northerns!

thats funny this year ive been catchin big numbers deep in 20-25 feet of water but my bigger fish have all come out of 8-12 feet so it has me thinkin...................

I was out for a few hours tonight on my slab goldmine and man, im getting worried that its going to winterkill. for weeks it was slab after slab, now its small ones and they are moving SLOW! the lake has a history of kills, but afterall thats why they are huge in the first place.